Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Dumb and Dumberr here covering for each other.

Dumb comes in here sure of himself and declares that Garcia is sure to be better in Barcelona than what we already have. I ask him how is he so sure about it and proceeds to evade the answer like Garcia was some Nesta and it was evident that he's the real deal.

I tell him that Garcia is 5th choice at City and even though he might pe promising, it's not a sure thing he will do better in Barcelona.

Dumberr proceeds to follow in his master's footsteps and tells us that actually Garcia doesn't play because of his contract situation with City.

I point out that City already has 4 CBs more experienced, with higher value and better overall. He wouldn't get in the team regardless.

It's that enough of an explanation for you boys? Do you want me to draw it also?

Jammy, if you want to believe that just say so. You don't need to make a circus out of it, like I'm the one lying down bold claims in here and then evading explanations.

Not gonna explain my position again as you will just dismiss it. I even said that the city defenders are better than Garc?a, but you just ignored it. Let us wait for Garcia?s arrival. Being a miserable pessimist and doom merchant like you is easy. I prefer to be optimistic, it is more fun living that way.

JamDav1982

Not gonna explain my position again as you will just dismiss it. Let us wait for Garcia?s arrival. Being a miserable pessimist and doom merchant like you is easy. I prefer to be optimistic, it is more fun living that way.

He avoids an opinion on who thinks should be Barca CBs next season by going on a ramble about Garcia being 5th choice at City.

Usual deflection and avoids subject mocking others for.

Will vanish when asked who should be the CBs. Usual stuff.

xXKonan

I'd take Eric in a heartbeat right now.

We have seen enough out of Umtiti, Lenglet, and Mingueza to judge their levels and what they can bring to the team. Mingueza could make a good 4th CB sub, but the other two need to be binned.

Andresito

Staff member
Imagine Mingueza or Umtiti playing for City. It's unthinkable that they would be considered starting CB's even ahead of non-CB's like Rodri, Fernandinho or Walker.

Messigician

Pep Guardiola: "Maybe you don't know, but you cannot imagine what Eric Garcia means to me. He is like a son. He was the guy during lockdown last season that was the best central defender that City had. He never made a mistake, not one mistake. He played in a UCL quarter-final."

Raketa10

Pep Guardiola: "Eric Garcia? He's going to play at Barcelona I think... Barcelona don't buy players because they're an average player, it's because they're a top player."

vegitot

Pep Guardiola: "Eric Garcia? He's going to play at Barcelona I think... Barcelona don't buy players because they're an average player, it's because they're a top player."

Pep already said Garcia is average, just in a delicately way.

Legend.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Gotta believe COVID factored into his head or simply missed being home as it is clear Pep is disappointed (Although mixed feelings I wager since he'll be coming back to his club as well) he couldn't convinced Garcia to extend - for a Catalan cantera kid that's a tough choice between a Blaugrana legend and returning. Especially when you consider he effectively exited via the backdoor when he refused the pro contract while with Juvenil A to join Guardiola. Seemed clear he would stay and learn & feature from the best but clearly/fortunately he is passionate about a return

A youth club legend that was voted Captain at every youth level by his peers, he has the ideal personality to lead this defense for the next decade - couldn't be happier that he is coming back

El Gato

Villarato!
So given he's the likely first, and maybe only signing, anyone here old enough to remember how 20 year old Garcia compares to 20 year old Pique? Other than the obvious physical differences, it's probably more notable there is not really a Puyol and Xavi figures to teach the guy and help him grow.

mc_lovin

Pique and Koeman should do.

Physically Garcia and 20 years old Pique are kind of similar (not height obviously). I remember Pique had the same lanky/thin physique (hard to find the word for it)?

No idea if Garcia will get there (to a good to great level) as he didnt play much - so its anyones guess - but on paper Araujo-Garcia looks like a solid combination in regards to strengths/weaknesses, which is the biggest plus point for me.

Andresito

Staff member
So given he's the likely first, and maybe only signing, anyone here old enough to remember how 20 year old Garcia compares to 20 year old Pique? Other than the obvious physical differences, it's probably more notable there is not really a Puyol and Xavi figures to teach the guy and help him grow.

Garcia is more of a leader and mentally more mature at 20. Professionalism is top class, so he might not need the same kind of guidance Pique needed, other than the obvious pure footballing stuff.

Don't think Garcia needs anyone to "keep him in check" the way Pique had the luxury of having with Puyol and Masche.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Garcia is more of a leader and mentally more mature at 20. Professionalism is top class, so he might not need the same kind of guidance Pique needed, other than the obvious pure footballing stuff.

Don't think Garcia needs anyone to "keep him in check" the way Pique had the luxury of having with Puyol and Masche.

Absolutely concur. He's a huge addition to the defense, fans will love him

xxxxxx

I don't know how you can say that when he's barely played. Besides, when I've watched him, he's struggled in every game he's played for City. If he was good enough, he would be starting. He's years away from being a consistently good defender.

At least it's not a gamble since he's a free signing.

Home of Barca Fans