Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

FinBarcelonafan

Surprisingly ( :lol: ) no CL ban for City, so one more reason to stay there i guess.

I don't it matters. It was never about CL for him but real playing time. Barca looks awesome destination now for a young CB. Pique almost finished Umtiti finished etc. And no big money to spend on CB like City. It's a great opportunity to be a starter for a top team.

Messi983

Quick question, is he quick enough for CB position? At least a Mascherano level of Speed?

No from what I've seen. I wouldn't mind him for 10m or for free next year but I think our priority should be to get a more athletic CB who can play with Pique for the next two seasons (because like it or not he'll be our starter for that time) and then maybe be a potential longterm partner of Lenglet who I think would also benefit a lot having a faster CB alongside him.

I doubt Garcia and Pique can play together successfully and pairing him with Lenglet also won't really solve our biggest problem at CB which is a lack of speed imo. But then again I'd be much more comfortable having Garcia in a CB rotation next year instead of going into season with just Pique, Lenglet and Araujo (we can't seriously count on Umtiti to stay fit even if he stays which he probably will because no club will want to pay anything for him and he doesn't want to leave either).

khaled_a_d

First time to watch him, not very impressed tbh.
Yeah, has potential to be good but he is very bad fit for short term tbh.

khaled_a_d

Dont you think you should watch him more then ONE game before you write him off?

Yes, that is why I said it is 1st game. To assert it is just first impression.
And no, I am not writing him off, I am talking about his fit to the team. As mentioned above by few posters he isn't the most athletic/quickest Cb which is what we need. I am talking about fit.

xXKonan

Reading the Blue moon forums.

Mixed bag of reactions about him with some thinking he's just to slow and not tall enough to be their starting CB for the future vs others thinking he will improve due to his age.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
If he is slow he can stay away from here. Last thing we need right now is another slow CB. It's beyond ridiculous that a team with our style of play doesn't have a fast CB, but I guess that is just one more pinpoint of how badly run this club truly is. Varane is probably the perfect CB for this team when I think about it. Shame he plays for RM.

Last edited:

Andrew M

If he is slow he can stay away from here. Last thing we need right now is another slow CB. It's beyond ridiculous that a team with our style of play doesn't have a fast CB, but I guess that is just one more pinpoint of how badly run this club truly is. Varane is probably the perfect CB for this team when I think about it. Shame he plays for RM.

To be honest Varane is just perfect for anyone.

Jallo

Upamecano is probably the most perfect profile for our future CB if Eric ever comes back.

xXKonan

If the club plans on keeping Lenglet as our future LCB, then yeah we are going to need a athletic RCB to compensate.

In general if you have a Athletic, Fast and good technical Fullbacks and a Fast, Physical good technical RCB we can get away with a slower CB in the vein of someone like Lenglet and Perhaps even Garcia if we want to go with a more athletic LCB option. It also depends if we can get a good Mobile Midfield in front of them instead of old aging legs.

JohnN

If the club plans on keeping Lenglet as our future LCB, then yeah we are going to need a athletic RCB to compensate.

In general if you have a Athletic, Fast and good technical Fullbacks and a Fast, Physical good technical RCB we can get away with a slower CB in the vein of someone like Lenglet and Perhaps even Garcia if we want to go with a more athletic LCB option. It also depends if we can get a good Mobile Midfield in front of them instead of old aging legs.

Lenglet has shown good improvement imo. He should be given the chance to be a starter, as we can't replace all of our team. A fast RCB with a brain and drive would be ideal.

Messi983

EdeHnxeWkAI70cw

Home of Barca Fans