Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

gasgas

Toilet CB
Shit

No physicality, his passes are just such any football player would make, doesnt compensate for his shitty defence

vuji_31

Said it before one year when he was ridiculed by Kosovo or Albanian players.

He is centreback version of Puig. Good at passing shit at everything else plus really bad PHY.
But again, lets bring more BaRcA dNa players, iT iS oUr sTyleE, so letćs spend 80mil on Olmo.

Porque

He is fine. Any other season where we are a little better and his shortcomings would stand out a little less.

Said in a another thread that our best CB partnership might actually be Comas-Araujo.

Comas is in the mold between Mingueza and Eric and is ever improving. I wonder what he could do with the opportunity Mingueza was given.

But Eric has so much upside. It is just that right now we have too much potential in the lineup and not enough realities.

Bobo32

Yeah he is pretty great I think. Sometimes he looks like a player playing a few levels below his standard - like a youth player loaned down to a worse team. Not in the physical way certainly, but in the calm way that he approaches everything, he always seem to have time on the ball and a good sense of what to do, and like a great waiter, he fixes stuff in a discrete and pleasant way!

Birdy

Low demanding game for a CB given the context, so I don't buy his solidness.
Granada playing in their own box, he was never pressured by fast attackers in the buildup

Good at passing. So? We know that since before he came in.
The other skills of a CB are what is problematic with him

mc_lovin

I just don't understand the negativity towards him. I have no idea where he will end up (starter, 3rd or 4th choice CB), but he has some very desirable qualities. He ain't big, but he's aggressive! He moves out well, which sets him apart from guys like Bartra.

For a free transfer that's enough for now.

Andresito

Staff member
I just don't understand the negativity towards him. I have no idea where he will end up (starter, 3rd or 4th choice CB), but he has some very desirable qualities. He ain't big, but he's aggressive! He moves out well, which sets him apart from guys like Bartra.

For a free transfer that's enough for now.

Fully agree. I think people are just too quick with finding players to blame for everything.

Bobo32

I think he was absolutely great in the first half, very nice anticipation and controlled aggression many times. Of course great with his passing selection as always

Home of Barca Fans