Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

FCMessi

bad rule.

Mbappe offside at the moment the pass was initiated.

Not really a Lenglet moment vs France for Garcia who should have more Lenglet specials for the upcoming games.

i_bleed_blaugrana

The goal being bullshit or not does not change the fact that he does not look like he is good enough. My basic thing with Eric is he looks decent everywhere except the one place a CB needs to be dominant: in the box.

Not saying ship him out immediately, I am willing to give him a couple years to see how he develops. But for now, he just lacks too much physically and is too passive and timid 1 v 1 for my liking to be someone we can rely on long term at this point in time.

Barcilliant

The goal being bullshit or not does not change the fact that he does not look like he is good enough. My basic thing with Eric is he looks decent everywhere except the one place a CB needs to be dominant: in the box.

Not saying ship him out immediately, I am willing to give him a couple years to see how he develops. But for now, he just lacks too much physically and is too passive and timid 1 v 1 for my liking to be someone we can rely on long term at this point in time.

He honestly looks like he should be a DM. That's the only position I see him being in at an elite club. Like you said he just isn't comfortable in the box near the goal. Looks timid and unsure of himself.

Kul_z

He honestly looks like he should be a DM. That's the only position I see him being in at an elite club. Like you said he just isn't comfortable in the box near the goal. Looks timid and unsure of himself.

Two months with mats and van dijk would also look like a scared chicken

PhilS

The only real problem with this player is his tendency to give up game-losing goals. Forwards just run around him, his speed and lateral lateral movement are not what you have to have in a top-flight CB. Too bad he is a centerback, otherwise this deficiency would not be that big a deal.

He handles and passes the ball well, he is young, his managers other than Guardiola do like him, he is quite good looking.

Home of Barca Fans