Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

Laplacian

We have 5 CBs who are about average in their performances or lower due to various reasons (too old, injury prone, too young, mistake prone) so of course our back line is in trouble. Instead of looking for a quality player that can vastly transform our backline, we sign yet another average CB that won't change the quality of our backline at all. It is literally a 'nothing' transfer when we have so many other pressing issues to take care of in the squad.

Hopefully it's just a rumour.

vuji_31

I agree with laplacian.

There is no money. Better to sign real number 9, then look at braitwaite and griezmann.

Vilarrubi

We have 5 CBs who are about average in their performances or lower due to various reasons (too old, injury prone, too young, mistake prone) so of course our back line is in trouble. Instead of looking for a quality player that can vastly transform our backline, we sign yet another average CB that won't change the quality of our backline at all. It is literally a 'nothing' transfer when we have so many other pressing issues to take care of in the squad.

Hopefully it's just a rumour.

Agree. They’re hoping his Barca DNA might mean he’s our next Pique for the next 10 years.

I’d rather we get a proven quality CB who we can use for 4/5+ seasons.

Neeraj

Garcia will be a free transfer though, he won't actually cost anything coming in the summer. Even if he comes in Jan, it will be for pretty much peanuts.

vuji_31

People, please realise that club is broke.

If they buy someone it will be forward.

I except Garcia and Wijnaldum to come.

Maybe striker, bu I doubt.

Better no one then idiots like Maxi from Valencia, or Rodrigo who almost got here for 60mil.

serghei

For a free transfer, he is more than welcome. People moan about everything these days.

Get rid of Umtiti.

Raketa10

For a free transfer, he is more than welcome. People moan about everything these days.

Get rid of Umtiti.

+1

Can't understand people who are upset about this transfer. This kid is 19y old player who has potential. Even if he fails we will make money on him considering we will sign him for free.

That being said he for sure has a higher ceiling than Mingueza.

Last edited:

serghei

+1

Can't understand people who are upset about this transfer. This kid is 19y old player who has potential. Even if he fails we will make money on him considering we will sign him for free.

If anything, we need to sharpen our skills and our scouting and come up with more low risk - high reward type of deals. Similar to Pedri deal. Save everything in order to try and lure Haaland.

If we can sign Depay on a low sum with a decent salary even better. Bring him in. And sell Griezmann. Maybe we can get some spare money from this switch. Not to mention save Griezmann's obscene salary compared with his output on the field.

Umtiti - Garcia, Coutinho & Griezmann - Depay would be amazing trade-offs. I'd sign right now for them to happen if I could. I reckon we'd be left with some good savings both in terms of wages and in terms of transfer fees.

If you can make another free transfer in Wijnaldum, we could be back in business so to speak. With an improved squad, cleared of deadwood, with a better wage structure.

Last edited:

Laplacian

The issue isn't money though, it's squad bloat for players that won't immediately add anything to the team. Good luck trying to get of Umtiti, Coutinho and Griezmann lmao.

soul24rage

If anything, we need to sharpen our skills and our scouting and come up with more low risk - high reward type of deals. Similar to Pedri deal. Save everything in order to try and lure Haaland.

If we can sign Depay on a low sum with a decent salary even better. Bring him in. And sell Griezmann. Maybe we can get some spare money from this switch. Not to mention save Griezmann's obscene salary compared with his output on the field.

Umtiti - Garcia, Coutinho & Griezmann - Depay would be amazing trade-offs. I'd sign right now for them to happen if I could. I reckon we'd be left with some good savings both in terms of wages and in terms of transfer fees.

If you can make another free transfer in Wijnaldum, we could be back in business so to speak. With an improved squad, cleared of deadwood, with a better wage structure.

I'd take that deal.

Raketa10

If we can sign Depay on a low sum with a decent salary even better. Bring him in.

I agree. We basically have no other option. Maybe it's for the best as we spent 400 mil on bums like Griezmann, Coutinho and Dembele. Garcia for sure needs one more physical CB next to him, so Araujo-Garcia pair could be interesting. I agree that both of them are too young and inexperienced but the reality is that we have no money. If we decide to spend some serious money it will probably be on No.9. In addition to that we will need to buy another midfielder next summer, so signing Garcia for free is more than welcome.

Last edited:

serghei

I think we have a chance to move Griezmann. Coutinho near impossible. Umtiti probably not, considering the guy has given up football basically and is just collecting his checks. Quite a piece of shit player tbh.

Laplacian

Just because we don't have money doesn't mean we should go for every cheap transfer that won't add anything to the squad. Sometimes the best option is to not do anything.

Raketa10

I think we have a chance to move Griezmann. Coutinho near impossible. Umtiti probably not, considering the guy has given up football basically and is just collecting his checks. Quite a piece of shit player tbh.

We will need to move all three of them next summer if we want to buy players. None of those 3 is contributing at all and all 3 are on ridiculously high salary. I am not sure if I would go for a 30y old Wijnaldum as he is past his prime. We could end up with Pjanic 2.0.

Just because we don't have money doesn't mean we should go for every cheap transfer that won't add anything to the squad. Sometimes the best option is to not do anything.

And play Braithweite as No.9 and Umtiti as CB? Players we are talking about would arrive for free. There is no way in hell Depay and Garcia would contribute less than Braithwaite, Umtiti or Griezmann. In addition, their salary would be much smaller.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans