Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

serghei

Alonso is a better player for me. He does stupid shit too, but not as often as Garcia, and is physically better too. Can also score at set pieces.

Porque

Probably done for the time being. At City, Pep favoured midfielder Fernandinho, and now we are favouring wingback Alonso.

And you couldn't argue against it to be fair.

Good news is that Eric is probably better than Bartra and definitely better than the likes of Cuenca and Fontas who forged/ing good careers outside of Barcelona.

A loan or sale with buyback clause wouldn't be unwise.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Xavi has been testing Eric Garc?a as a pivot for some time now and we may soon see it in games. [relevo] #fcblive

Eric is convincing in that role. [relevo]

Porque

Should of plucked up the extra few million Vasco wanted for Andrey back in Jan22 when we tabled a bid.

(Yes I realise he will probably end up more box to box but he can play the role, and probably better than Eric can dream of)

Andresito

Staff member
Xavi: "I've been thinking about Eric as a pivot for a long time. He has a good pass, he's aggressive, he wins duels, I think he could adapt well to there."

Around 6 months ago there were rumours of Eric being tried at DM but was fake news, don't understand why Xavi tries it now, much later than first reported. That idea should've struck him earlier. Probably lack of playing time opened up some solutions with a new position being one of them.

I have my doubts. But if he is to adapt it's better to do so with Busi in the squad. Sure Xavi knows a thing or two about playing there but Eric could learn a lot from Busi too.

Birdy

Xavi: "I've been thinking about Eric as a pivot for a long time. He has a good pass, he's aggressive, he wins duels, I think he could adapt well to there."

Around 6 months ago there were rumours of Eric being tried at DM but was fake news, don't understand why Xavi tries it now, much later than first reported. That idea should've struck him earlier. Probably lack of playing time opened up some solutions with a new position being one of them.

I have my doubts. But if he is to adapt it's better to do so with Busi in the squad. Sure Xavi knows a thing or two about playing there but Eric could learn a lot from Busi too.

Flash back more than 1 year ago, when I first wrote that Eric would fit like a glove in that position, and the usual suspects laughed.
Let's see who is going to have the last laugh with this

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Flash back more than 1 year ago, when I first wrote that Eric would fit like a glove in that position, and the usual suspects laughed.
Let's see who is going to have the last laugh with this

Still don't think he has the attributes to play there. Very different playing in midfield compared to CB. The same issues he has at CB will still be there for the dm position. Slow weak poor positioning and reading of the games at times and of course the usually brainfart.

Sailor Mars

Being tried out at DM is very different than being good at the position. It's La Masia loyalty that is making Xavi give Eric another chance to redeem himself.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So as mobile as Busquets but nowhere close to being as good on the ball with half his passing range?

He's getting sold this summer.

Porque

Suggests more that he has no future as a centreback while we have no budget to replace Busi than anything else.

He can certainly be tried in training. Would be surprised if he ends better than Marc Casado though.

Home of Barca Fans