Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

khaled_a_d

There's no correlation between being good on the ball as CB and being able to play DM. If anyone has a couple of examples where a player jumps between those positions seamlessly I'm all ears.

Mascherano, Yaya and even Motta moved well from DM to CB. But on ball that is easier, otoh Busquets struggled when tried at CB.
Marquez and Edmilson were clear examples tbf, Alaba with Bayern and to lesser extent Lahm moved from FB to CB.
It depends of what you ask from your CB. Asking a DM to be a spoiler type, and it could work, ask him to be the one responsible exclusively for taking the ball from defense and then it will be impossible, even for half of natural DM.

Not entertaining Eric as DM btw, although won't mind trying him there as a last resort to give him a chance to succeed here, but I think part of our issue is that we are limiting our options massively

Andresito

Staff member
Mascherano, Yaya and even Motta moved well from DM to CB. But on ball that is easier, otoh Busquets struggled when tried at CB.
Marquez and Edmilson were clear examples tbf, Alaba with Bayern and to lesser extent Lahm moved from FB to CB.
It depends of what you ask from your CB. Asking a DM to be a spoiler type, and it could work, ask him to be the one responsible exclusively for taking the ball from defense and then it will be impossible, even for half of natural DM.

Not entertaining Eric as DM btw, although won't mind trying him there as a last resort to give him a chance to succeed here, but I think part of our issue is that we are limiting our options massively

Yes DM's can usually cope well as CB's short term. Casemiro did it as well.

Marquez is a good example. Still that's from 15-20 years ago.

But you're correct in how we want to use the DM. Having Eric as DM puts a lot more responsibility on the rest of the players when CB's have the ball.

Lisandro Martinez another one of those who can play DM on paper but he hardly ever does, probably for a good reason.

iniestaGOAT

I'm all for insulting people when they are stupid.

But you're claiming to know they tested Garcia at DM on the first training session and gave up on it as factual. How ridiculous would it be to test a CB, or any other position rather, only one day instead of consecutive practices and scrimmages before coming to an accurate conclusion.

More often than not, the only person you're actually roasting is yourself. Quite entertaining to say the least.

If you think Eric can play CDM you dont know ball. It was tried, dumb decision then dumb decision now.

He cant even play CB lil bro chilll with dumb takes.

xXKonan

Sport claims we will listen to offers for him this month.

Also Luis de la Fuente the new Spain NT Coach said Garcia will have to play more if he wants to be selected.

vuji_31

Best case he goes on loan somewhere, no way someone is going to buy Riqui Puig od defenders. But still would keep him here on low wages before Alonso.

jamrock

He's going the way of Mingueza, 1 season later lol, no way such a weak,slow player would make it at the top level.

But he kinda had me at the start of the season, the beard fooled me.

serghei

Sell. Can't have a CB who folds so easily in every duel, and in half of the duels he doesn't fold in he makes a pen. Bartra was better.

Co0ter

If you think Eric can play CDM you dont know ball. It was tried, dumb decision then dumb decision now.

He cant even play CB lil bro chilll with dumb takes.

I never said he could or should play CDM.

I said you shouldn't be flaming other people when your own information and logic is equally awful.

Barcilliant

You need more than passing to play DM. Your IQ is very low. You dont know ball.

He was tried and rejected after first training session so please keep your low IQ suggestions to yourself

To say you're stupid is an understatement.
Even Xavi is not stupid enough to make a decision after just ONE training session.
The only low IQ here is yours.

iniestaGOAT

To say you're stupid is an understatement.
Even Xavi is not stupid enough to make a decision after just ONE training session.
The only low IQ here is yours.

Only thing that makes it stupid is he even tried that dumbass at CDM for one training session

grow some ballz

vuji_31

Yes, when he was 15 years old, then he decided do ditch us for money at age of 16, failed to play any games at City except they didn't have anyone, and then he decided to be cule again, signed for us,
again turned to be even bigger fraud.

Our only chance is Arsenal maybe wants him because Arteta knows him, so we can get 10mil max or loan until end of season.

Home of Barca Fans