15 - Andreas Christensen

Porque

Pretty normal to be anxious when you know you are going to be backup centreback played with either Lenglet or Eric Garcia and be protected by Busquets infront of you and Stegen behind you.

Poor guy probably hasn't slept well since signing the deal.

El Gato

Villarato!
Tough for Chelsea. Left with a corpse of Thiago Silva and a guy like Chalobah to for next season. Could also lose their captain.

Then again losing Christensen is probably not the worst of it.

Temptation

Unlike his partner Rudiger, Christensen is very soft and submissive, in terms of character and personality.

This is why he's naturally best suited as a second CB beside an enforcing alpha leader. In the national team, he has Kjaer who's a natural leader. At Chelsea he had Silva and Rudiger.

If Koulibaly comes, him and Christensen will complement each other extremely well imo. Even better than a Koulibaly Araujo partnership.

Imagine Lindelof but a better version. Bam! You got Christensen.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

@FabrizioRomano

"We're losing him", Thomas Tuchel finally confirms on Andreas Christensen. The deal has been completed weeks ago with Barcelona, it's already signed: Danish centre back will play for Barca next season. #FCB

Here we go. A good and very solid 3rd option, who could very much grow into a potential starter too, which is all you want from your 3rd option, to really push your starters. Much better than the likes of Garcia and Lenglet that we had the pleasure of having there this season.

Still need to bring in Koulibaly, so that Garcia is nothing more than the 4th option next season. I think Pique might actually retire now and not next summer (oh the dream). The fitness troubles in the last few months have really taken a toll on him and seems like the club have finally properly addressed the issue as well (hopefully we do the same with Busquets by next summer at least, if not this one), plus we got lucky with getting one free agent in as well, so we get two for the price of one, if we decide to buy someone too. Exactly what we needed. A real shakeup. Now just need to do the same for the full back positions...bring in a real starter option in Grimaldo to really challenge and push Alba (out) next season and a new proper RB, if Xavi doesn't trust Dest. Azpi (if we're getting him, which we seemingly are, can't be considered more than a backup). I'd be okay with Dest and Azpi, but I'm not sure that Dest is staying...just please don't sell Dest and then extend Roberto and go into the season with Azpi and Roberto. A disaster waiting to happen in that case, even if it's just for one season.

Hopefully Pique is gone, and by next summer, Busquets, Alba and Roberto are all gone too, along with Ter Stegen, so we're finally rid of this toxic back line and their mentality, so we can finally start fresh back there. I'm increasingly intrigued by the option of bringing in Sanchez from Brighton this or next summer, he could be a really good Ter Stegen replacement, and he's still young enough to give us a decade of playing time. Hopefully the Spanish tax works in our favour in that one. The one position where it would actually be the right call to get rid of the foreigner and bring in a Spanish replacement.

Last edited:

TheStig

@FabrizioRomano

"We're losing him", Thomas Tuchel finally confirms on Andreas Christensen. The deal has been completed weeks ago with Barcelona, it's already signed: Danish centre back will play for Barca next season. #FCB

Here we go. A good and very solid 3rd option, who could very much grow into a potential starter too, which is all you want from your 3rd option, to really push your starters. Much better than the likes of Garcia and Lenglet that we had the pleasure of having there this season.

Still need to bring in Koulibaly, so that Garcia is nothing more than the 4th option next season. I think Pique might actually retire now and not next summer (oh the dream). The fitness troubles in the last few months have really taken a toll on him and seems like the club have finally properly addressed the issue as well (hopefully we do the same with Busquets by next summer at least, if not this one), plus we got lucky with getting one free agent in as well, so we get two for the price of one, if we decide to buy someone too. Exactly what we needed. A real shakeup. Now just need to do the same for the full back positions...bring in a real starter option in Grimaldo to really challenge and push Alba (out) next season and a new proper RB, if Xavi doesn't trust Dest. Azpi (if we're getting him, which we seemingly are, can't be considered more than a backup). I'd be okay with Dest and Azpi, but I'm not sure that Dest is staying...just please don't sell Dest and then extend Roberto and go into the season with Azpi and Roberto. A disaster waiting to happen in that case, even if it's just for one season.

Hopefully Pique is gone, and by next summer, Busquets, Alba and Roberto are all gone too, along with Ter Stegen, so we're finally rid of this toxic back line and their mentality, so we can finally start fresh back there. I'm increasingly intrigued by the option of bringing in Sanchez from Brighton this or next summer, he could be a really good Ter Stegen replacement, and he's still young enough to give us a decade of playing time. Hopefully the Spanish tax works in our favour in that one. The one position where it would actually be the right call to get rid of the foreigner and bring in a Spanish replacement.

Sorry but you are too optimistic. Pique already said he'll play next season and Busi&Alba will probably get a new contract for years. Roberto already got one. There is absolutely no indication that Xavi and the club are thinking about parting with the "captains".

Home of Barca Fans