15 - Andreas Christensen

gregorrin10

Huge, if true!

He'd be a great replacement/upgrade for Pique, that's for sure! Finally can send that fucker to MLS or a retirement home, if he so wishes! And we'd probably still be better off financially, not paying a transfer fee and him probably being on less wages than Pique is (maybe not now after all that reduction, but also can't imagine it'd be much more). Not to mention the gulf in quality and the increased amount of future potential.

Andresito

Staff member
How good is he really, especially in a back 4? Seems to me like another Lenglet type of player.

malvolio

How good is he really, especially in a back 4? Seems to me like another Lenglet type of player.

"Rejects FC" we called, so he'll fit right in.

Curious when will we be able to transfer a player who is not a bench warmer for big clubs.

MTL_Barca

"Rejects FC" we called, so he'll fit right in.

Curious when will we be able to transfer a player who is not a bench warmer for big clubs.

Probably when we start paying money again. But ~1500 minutes this season doesn't look like a bench warmer to me, and Chelsea reportedly want to keep him as well.

Christensen on a free would be decent imo, as long as salary isn't crazy high. Cheap additions won't hurt and at least two CB will/should leave soon so this doesn't sound like the worst idea. Good age as well, we lack mid 20s players right now ans it would mean we could potentially still sell after after 2-3 years if needed.

malvolio

Probably when we start paying money again. But ~1500 minutes this season doesn't look like a bench warmer to me, and Chelsea reportedly want to keep him as well.

Christensen on a free would be decent imo, as long as salary isn't crazy high. Cheap additions won't hurt and at least two CB will/should leave soon so this doesn't sound like the worst idea. Good age as well, we lack mid 20s players right now ans it would mean we could potentially still sell after after 2-3 years if needed.

yeah, probably decent bench material.

as we stand right now:

pique - on the verge of retirement
umtiti - will be discarded somehow
lenglet - probably kept as bench option. or sold to gather some funds?
garcia - not of the required level if you ask me
araujo - we don't know his level and gets injured rather frequently

khaled_a_d

He started 5 of Chelsea six CL games and 11 of the 19 games he was available in the league.
Doesn't sound like a bench player to me.

FinBarcelonafan

I would take any of the free-agent defensemen here from Chelsea. Rudiger(not for the salary he is asking though), Christensen or Azpi.

They are all better than anyone we have other than broken Araujo.

Messi983

Looks like he's another player whose father wants a big commission.

In the offices of the Bar?a club it is perfectly known that the renewal of the Danish international by the Stamford Bridge club, which seemed to be going very well weeks ago, has stalled due to the demands of Sten, the defender's father. So much so that it asks for a renewal premium and also in a single payment. His position has not sat well at all in the leadership of the current European champion, who is not willing for a footballer who is not in the 'top 5' of the squad to want to mark how he should do things.

As tough as Raiola and Mendes are to negotiate with I absouletly hate when family members are involved in negotiations, because they usually take things personally while agents are still keeping it professionally.

JamDav1982

Usual cycle from media.

They claim deal is close or on the cards for a few weeks then find some reason to say it wont happen.

Home of Barca Fans