15 - Andreas Christensen

vuji_31

THis guys are signing 5 years of paid vacation. No need fro drama, when they will not play big games.

Porque

Just turned 26. If he is fit then he will be a great LaLiga CB. Let's be honest. Better for Xavi system than Rudiger for example.

Now if we go to back 3- different question.

gregorrin10

Sorry but you are too optimistic. Pique already said he'll play next season and Busi&Alba will probably get a new contract for years. Roberto already got one. There is absolutely no indication that Xavi and the club are thinking about parting with the "captains".

Pique will be retiring by next summer at the latest, he's basically like Ramos now, more injured than fit, he's been playing through injury and getting subbed so many times this season, and the club have clearly acted on it, since it kept happening often, especially in the 2nd part of the season. And if we bring in Koulibaly too, we have 4 proper CB options, three of them very good, and two of them world class. Plus Garcia has some potential and is more than good enough for the 4th spot. So Pique is not needed anymore in that case.

Busi is tipped to go the MLS in 2023, when his contract ends (and join the Beckham's Miami team possibly alongside Messi and Suarez), Roberto only got a one year extension offer, and Alba just needs someone to push him (out) next season, the moment he'll get benched, he'll kick up a fuss and want to leave, the cry baby that he is.

Last edited:

TheStig

Those are all your predicitons and wishes. Pique could play for a couple of years, Busi will extend and Alba won't be benched.

gregorrin10

Those are all your predicitons and wishes. Pique could play for a couple of years, Busi will extend and Alba won't be benched.

Not wishes, facts. There have been reports that the club actually have a meeting with Pique on the books after this season to talk about his future. With Christensen coming in and Xavi clearly wanting Koulibaly I imagine both sides will be happy to part ways this summer already. And Pique always said he wishes to end his career at Barca, so I can't imagine him going the Xavi and Iniesta route, not even if it's MLS, which would suit his character and ego much more than Asia. Plus the ongoing injuries have really hurt his fitness in the past few months.

I do know getting rid of Busquets and Alba will be most tough, since we still don't have a plan to properly replace them yet, but bringing in a good backup for them this summer (which I think we will, whether it's Gaya or Grimaldo for Alba, and Neves or Zubimendi or someone else for Busquets) should help massively.

While Roberto is basically a non factor at this point anyway, he'll probably get the one year extension this summer, cause Xavi still thinks he could be useful next season, but that one year extension is probably all he's gonna get, since the club and Alemany was ready to let him go this summer already...so there's no way we're offering him a multi year contract...unless he stays 100% fit next season and lights it up to get a new deal again, but that is next to impossible.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So he can only play some league games against bottom of the table teams or some low profile games like the Super Copa of Catalunya etc., I guess?

Porque

Xavi sees Pique's chronic abductor issue as an advantage and believes it will make the defender more efficient in his actions. [Sports Chronical]

Nello

So he can only play some league games against bottom of the table teams or some low profile games like the Super Copa of Catalunya etc., I guess?
He performed really well in the CL final last year and had a monster performance in the Semi final against England. Didn?t know he had anxiety issues, hopefully it improves as he?s always been described as very calm and collected by his NT teammates. He?s never been a very vocal and loud player, but still is seen as one of the leaders of the NT. Can?t speak much to his role at Chelsea tho as I dont Watch many of their games

Birdy

"@BarcaUniversal
Despite not being injured, soon-to-be Bar?a defender Andreas Christensen asked Tuchel not to pick him for the FA Cup final yesterday. He was set to start, but said 'he was not ready to play.'

@Matt_Law_DT"

Sarri, quoted in 2019, when Christensen left the bench on 75th min of an Arsenal - Chelsea derby:

"I was worried more than anything,? he said.
?You know very well that Christensen on matchdays always has stomach ache. I don?t know the reason but he is always very nervous. I don?t know what to say."

Jordi Alba DNA confirmed!

Brace yourselves lads, another mentality monster signed for Barca!

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He performed really well in the CL final last year and had a monster performance in the Semi final against England. Didn?t know he had anxiety issues, hopefully it improves as he?s always been described as very calm and collected by his NT teammates. He?s never been a very vocal and loud player, but still is seen as one of the leaders of the NT. Can?t speak much to his role at Chelsea tho as I dont Watch many of their games

All kidding aside, for his own sake and for our sake, I hope it is not something serious and he can overcome this. Lenglet had some sort of anxiety issues after having some poor games and being booed by the fans or something, right? I hope Christensen is not going to be like that, letting the games get into him and having mental breakdowns etc. and shirking responsibilities when there are high-stake games that we need to play.

Andresito

Staff member
Tuchel on Christensen ahead of tonight's game against Leicester.

“Not sure yet if he is involved tomorrow and on the weekend. Well, Andreas came in the morning of the [FA Cup final] to inform me, speak to me," Tuchel told reporters.

"He told me he was not ready to play the match, to start the match and be on the bench. He had his reasons. They stay private and confidential.

"It was not the first time as you can see over the last weeks that we had some of the same situations. That’s why he did not play regularly over the last weeks.

Tuchel did not say that the transfer was related to the uncertainty about his future, saying: "I don’t think it’s that he does not want to play, he was not able to play. It’s a big difference. We had more than this conversation but on Saturday morning he finally told me.

“We had to accept it and we will accept it. I try the best I can to not take things personal and I still believe Andreas wanted to play these kinds of matches.

Zidane82

Just turned 26. If he is fit then he will be a great LaLiga CB. Let's be honest. Better for Xavi system than Rudiger for example.

Now if we go to back 3- different question.

Rudiger is a fabulous defender !

Fast , huge , has a great long pass on him , totally committed to the point of cynical.

vuji_31

Rudiger is what we need. ChristiNsen is soft as Garcia.

But we are trying to bring unicorn a.k.a. bArCa dNa

Home of Barca Fans