15 - Andreas Christensen

iniestaGOAT

Sucks for Kounde if he doesn't want to play RB because he is pretty good there compared to what we had since Alves on that flank. I have a feeling if everyone is fit he's gonna be our RB for 1-2 years. :lol:

It's not like he can't improve in that position in the next months. He has all the qualities for a top defensive RB.

Actually lots of report today saying yes fine playing rb

serghei

If I were Laporta and Xavi, I'd worry more about LW and Lewa getting even older. Attacking players are extremely expensive.

Porque

Sucks for Kounde if he doesn't want to play RB because he is pretty good there compared to what we had since Alves on that flank. I have a feeling if everyone is fit he's gonna be our RB for 1-2 years. :lol:

It's not like he can't improve in that position in the next months. He has all the qualities for a top defensive RB.

Not going to find a better RB on the market. Better to develop a strong offensive option with potential if we can find one around the 20m mark. Basically what Dest should have been.

Beauty with having Kounde at RB is we can positionally move to back 3, switch to a back 2 if Christensen supports midfield.

Also if Kounde is receiving the run around then Araujo can switch there.

A lot of in game tactical changes in Xavi hands.

No point spending a transfer fee for Pavard basically. Might be worth a look at if still free in 2024 though.

JamDav1982

If I were Laporta and Xavi, I'd worry more about LW and Lewa getting even older. Attacking players are extremely expensive.

They defintiely will.

They have question marks over all of them with Lewa being 35 and next season and Dembele with a contract to sort. Those are the two who are performing regularly the rest havent been really.

Need better depth at RB though also as need to have Kounde as third CB option when have injuries most likely.

serghei

They defintiely will.

They have question marks over all of them with Lewa being 35 and next season and Dembele with a contract to sort. Those are the two who are performing regularly the rest havent been really.

The good part is Lewa could be tempted for a move to Arabia or US and make some big money like Ronaldo. I doubt he will stay past next season. 2 seasons out of him winning some titles and us getting rid of the 3rd year of his contract is ideal scenario.

JamDav1982

The good part is Lewa could be tempted for a move to Arabia or US and make some big money like Ronaldo. I doubt he will stay past next season. 2 seasons out of him winning some titles and us getting rid of the 3rd year of his contract is ideal scenario.

I think Lewa will stay all three.

Actually think they will extend him to decrease amortised costs and then maybe try to find way out for him that suits all after third year.

What dont want is him to become a player that still gets goals but team has to give up way plays for and worse overall... similar to Ronaldo now.

Not that it is case at moment but risk if he declines sharply due to age.

serghei

I think Lewa will stay all three.

Actually think they will extend him to decrease amortised costs and then maybe try to find way out for him that suits all after third year.

What dont want is him to become a player that still gets goals but team has to give up way plays for and worse overall... similar to Ronaldo now.

Not that it is case at moment but risk if he declines sharply due to age.

Then it will be down to Xavi to do what Ten Hag did with Ronaldo. Bench time until he takes the Arabia ticket due to out of options at the top of the game, hopefully without the nasty stuff Ronaldo pulled.

Porque

Plan seems to be Victor Roque. If we can somehow squeeze Marcus Thuram as the AML and backup FW then that would be a solid plan by the board.

Plenty of EPL competition for both though, not to mention Thebes.

mc_lovin

Plan seems to be Victor Roque. If we can somehow squeeze Marcus Thuram as the AML and backup FW then that would be a solid plan by the board.

Plenty of EPL competition for both though, not to mention Thebes.

I would kill for that. Add a cheap(ish) RB, renew Busquets and that's the best possible outcome for me.

But yeah, it will be another window of Barca vs the League :lol:

serghei

We should hit the league with civil cases if we have just cause and we suspect they are abusing power. In the end, La Liga has to conform to spanish law just like any other company.

Last edited:

Porque

I would kill for that. Add a cheap(ish) RB, renew Busquets and that's the best possible outcome for me.

But yeah, it will be another window of Barca vs the League :lol:

Trincao, Dest, Lenglet then possibly/probably Eric, Ferran, Raphinha, Kessie all to sell.

Ton of Cap to reduce and a ton of work for Alemany and the rest.

But should be possible to agree future deal for Victor and one free like Thuram (and Kamada if Kessie goes?)- possibly. Somehow need to drop egos and work a plan with the support of LaLiga

Who am I kidding!?

Last edited:

serghei

Good news is that players see we have a young team with plenty of potential so they would want a piece of the pie even more than last summer.

Bad news is that money and wage margins are low without levers.

Porque

Good news is that players see we have a young team with plenty of potential so they would want a piece of the pie even more than last summer.

Bad news is that money and wage margins are low without levers.

Not to mention the Montujlic move hit on ticket incomes.

Wonder if naming rights will become Spotify Stadium while were there btw. Should go all out and make the Running track spotify green!

KingLeo10

This dude is legit. Hard to decide who is the better CB between him and Araujo, but what a pair they are together :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
that's not how the market works though. maguire went for 80 because he was english and EPL clubs salivated over that, plus his reputation was very good at the moment of the transfer.

christensen was a mediocre/decent defender, but not some key player otherwise chelsea would have kept him at all costs. and he also had some physical/mental issues.

just because he has a bit of a career revival and maybe he's more comfortable here, doesn't suddenly make him worldclass.

selling for 40M wouldn't be bad, but only if we invest wisely and araujo-kounde partnership at CB really works. otherwise we would still need an option at CB for rotation.

[MENTION=19407]Andresito[/MENTION] has a good point here

Again talking out of your arse... CL-winning CB is a "mediocre" one, sure.

Home of Barca Fans