15 - Andreas Christensen

malvolio

At least he's not advocating to sell the club.

to specifically answer this point - what's so great about the current barcelona model?

in the current era of football, where the club is just another business and lots of money is involved, there is no difference between socios model and sugar daddy ownership.

did the socios prevent the club or the barca presidents of doing shady stuff or take bad decisions? no. do the fans decide who to buy, or who to sell? do the fans know better when picking another catalan businessman as president?

current model exists because of catalan pride and the political tool it represents to catalunya. we are not better run or have the moral high ground when compared to any other club(yes, including likes of psg, city, chelsea).

so what's the point really? other than a local thing?

Windhook

Why are we even discussing his transfer? One of the few good signings in recent years.

There is a number of underperforming players ahead of Andreas that will be sold when the shitstorm hits this summer with the LFP rules. Ferran, Ansu, Kessie, Alonso, Eric...

Andresito

Staff member
Why are we even discussing his transfer? One of the few good signings in recent years.

There is a number of underperforming players ahead of Andreas that will be sold when the shitstorm hits this summer with the LFP rules. Ferran, Ansu, Kessie, Alonso, Eric...

Was an idea that popped up in my mind. Not sure how long we can keep Christensen, Araujo and Kounde content. And while I would love to keep having Christensen in the XI, he's a sellable asset that would bring in a lot of money, just like Frenkie (who was the victim of the exact same discussion) is compared to the Kessie's, Alonso's and Eric's. Would be pure profit as well.

Like I said, it would be a compromise to strengthen other positions. Any club in the world would salivate over having Araujo, Kounde and AC as CB options, but not if we play dross like Roberto at RB. We're currently not in the position to have luxuries.

malvolio

So you have no values, good for you.

what are these values you are talking about? buying likes of douglas just to launder money? bringing in shit managers like tata martino or setien, just because? cooking the books so that we overspend? paying commissions to neymar's father but declaring a smaller transfer fee?

i understand if people in catalunya want to keep the club as their own. but let's stop with the holier than thou attitude because we're past that.

we sold the shirt for sponsors, we sold the name of the stadium for sponsors. what's different between barcelona and other clubs? being arrogant and catalan?

mc_lovin

what are these values you are talking about? buying likes of douglas just to launder money? bringing in shit managers like tata martino or setien, just because? cooking the books so that we overspend? paying commissions to neymar's father but declaring a smaller transfer fee?

i understand if people in catalunya want to keep the club as their own. but let's stop with the holier than thou attitude because we're past that.

we sold the shirt for sponsors, we sold the name of the stadium for sponsors. what's different between barcelona and other clubs? being arrogant and catalan?

If you can't see the difference between our model and being owned by guys like Mohammad Bin Salman I can't help you.

Also, for all the stuff you mentioned there's checks and balances. It's not perfect and shady things will happen, but that's life. It's like complaining in a democracy (a real one) about corrupt politicians saying a dictator would be better. It's mad.

malvolio

If you can't see the difference between our model and being owned by guys like Mohammad Bin Salman I can't help you.

Also, for all the stuff you mentioned there's checks and balances. It's not perfect and shady things will happen, but that's life. It's like complaining in a democracy (a real one) about corrupt politicians saying a dictator would be better. It's mad.

yeah mate, not owned by likes of bin salman but we have no problem being sponsored by qatar. good one.

city, psg and chelsea seem to have it good under those 'dictators'. chelsea even won 2 CLs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The club will be sold within the next 5-10 years unless the European Super League becomes reality which seem doubtful at the moment.

So better get used to it already.

mc_lovin

yeah mate, not owned by likes of bin salman but we have no problem being sponsored by qatar. good one.

city, psg and chelsea seem to have it good under those 'dictators'. chelsea even won 2 CLs.

Well, there's an obvious difference between being sponsored and owned.

And I am all for Barcelona acting like a responsible business, but not selling out. That's the day I quit supporting the club. Also success doesn't matter.

JamDav1982

No chance they should sell Christensen.

He is best on ball CB by far, quick and a very good defender.

40m? Players like him cost double that and his season at Barca has increased any value he had last summer.

Also he is a player with no amortised fee on books and Barca need as much of that as can at moment.

Would be closer to 100m for club to consider selling him than 40m and doubt they would.

serghei

Sucks for Kounde if he doesn't want to play RB because he is pretty good there compared to what we had since Alves on that flank. I have a feeling if everyone is fit he's gonna be our RB for 1-2 years. :lol:

It's not like he can't improve in that position in the next months. He has all the qualities for a top defensive RB.

serghei

The way our RB plays he's almost part time 3rd CB anyway.

I have no issues with Balde - Christensen - Araujo - Kounde.

Pretty balanced starting backline to build on.

JamDav1982

Sucks for Kounde if he doesn't want to play RB because he is pretty good there compared to what we had since Alves on that flank. I have a feeling if everyone is fit he's gonna be our RB for 1-2 years. :lol:

It's not like he can't improve in that position in the next months. He has all the qualities for a top defensive RB.

Of course he will be as it is the best back four with him at RB.

Be interesting to see how he develops when plays there more.

Will need to improve going forward also to allow team to be more flexible but looks like that is what he is trying to do.

Still think Wan Bissaka is better? That level he is at just now?

Home of Barca Fans