15 - Andreas Christensen

Andresito

Staff member
We could literally rebuild our entire squad with quality players all for free. One can only dream though

That's impossible, but seems like there are more and more quality outgoing contracts these past few years compared to 10 years ago (Lewy and Pogba only ones I can think of). It's a good market to scour.

serghei

Hopefully Alonso can step up in his absence. Nervous him being out is going to cost us in the Copa return leg.

Don't think so, we don't relly as much on individualities, but on effort and workrate mostly. Won quite a lot of big games in Spain without some of our best players this season.

Kul_z

Don't think so, we don't relly as much on individualities, but on effort and workrate mostly. Won quite a lot of big games in Spain without some of our best players this season.

Lmao. We got annhiliated without our back line in full force. Expecting losing points if alonso starts couple of games

serghei

Lmao. We got annhiliated without our back line in full force. Expecting losing points if alonso starts couple of games

What are you talking about? We didn't get annihilated in any game this season except Bayern at home when we had a tool like Bellerin showing us how he can't properly keep an offside line. Besides, in that match the team had nothing left to fight for as the big match was the 3-3 vs Inter.

All the other losses this season were very close games, most of which we were the better team in.

Nello

What are you talking about? We didn't get annihilated in any game this season except Bayern at home when we had a tool like Bellerin showing us how he can't properly keep an offside line. Besides, in that match the team had nothing left to fight for as the big match was the 3-3 vs Inter.

All the other losses this season were very close games, most of which we were the better team in.

I would say there's quite a bit of truth to claiming we've struggled without our best back 4.

The two inter games without our back 4 fit, the bayern game, and our first game against ManU where Rashford visibly drifted towards Alonso and exploited his weakness.

Also, Xavi will most likely keep Araujo on Vini meaning Kounde and Alonso will make up the CB pair, who didn't seem like the best duo to me in the first leg against Manu. They were shaky, Offside line was not on point and overall lacked compatibility as a CB pair IMO.

serghei

I would say there's quite a bit of truth to claiming we've struggled without our best back 4.

The two inter games without our back 4 fit, the bayern game, and our first game against ManU where Rashford visibly drifted towards Alonso and exploited his weakness.

Also, Xavi will most likely keep Araujo on Vini meaning Kounde and Alonso will make up the CB pair, who didn't seem like the best duo to me in the first leg against Manu. They were shaky, Offside line was not on point and overall lacked compatibility as a CB pair IMO.

Only if you mean our whole back 4 is missing. Last time I checked Balde, Araujo and Kounde are still fit. That's 3/4. That's acceptable. Vs Inter, 3 out of 4 staters were injured and Balde was a complete rookie. Now he has quite a few important games under his belt.

JamDav1982

Balde was the starting LB by time Barca played Inter and had played away in Bernabeu and at RB.

This idea Xavi didnt play him v Inter as he was a 'rookie' is completely false.

Big error particularly in a back line that lacked pace and was conceding chances for fun.

JamDav1982

ETH must have been licking his lips at that back line Xavi put out.

Even worse was how long Xavi took to change it and react to the threat of Rashford getting in space around Alonso/Alba.

Araujo was left at RB like a spare part for far too long that game when was clearly just starting there to mark Rashford.

Nello

Only if you mean our whole back 4 is missing. Last time I checked Balde, Araujo and Kounde are still fit. That's 3/4. That's acceptable. Vs Inter, 3 out of 4 staters were injured and Balde was a complete rookie. Now he has quite a few important games under his belt.

Well, thats part of the point. For me it seems to just as much how well our best 4 defenders compliment each other as much as their individual quality that make them good. If Kounde and Alonso our paired up at CB, it affects the whole backline.

Let's see how it goes, but against RM with an already weakened attack, it doesn't inspire much confidence for me tbh.

Iniesta Ultra

Long term Christensen's our best signing since Xavi became coach, crazy. Of course if our scouting were good and Xavi weren't making the decisions we could've done massively better with money he spent/wasted.

Home of Barca Fans