15 - Andreas Christensen

El Flaco

There's been a little talk about Christensen joining Roma in order for Chelsea to get Nainggolan.
[MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION], can you tell if there's more talk about it in Danish media?

Trickykid

There's been a little talk about Christensen joining Roma in order for Chelsea to get Nainggolan.

[MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION], can you tell if there's more talk about it in Danish media?

This is the first time I hear this rumor. The sites I visit haven't reported it AFAIK. Do you know the source?
Anyhow, the last I heard about him, was when Mönchengladback chief Max Eberl a few days ago again stated that Christensen stay for the full duration of the 2 year loan, meaning he'll stay put for next season. Chelsea will have to dangle a serious carrot in front of them, if they're to agree to end the loan prematurely.

Turned 20 a few days ago btw.

BarçaBarça

I never really understood why he chose Chelsea (he joined when Pierre-Emile Højbjerg went to Bayern).
It seemed like he could pick and choose, and if he believed he was good enough he could have been getting the change at a lower level club much earlier.

Now it looks like it was quite wise for him, the way he has developed, but he still has a contract with Chelsea, but I guess regular playing time in the Bundesliga is fine for next year as well.
Very early on he was talked about as a unique talent at the same level as Højberg, and he really has delivered up until now, so it is very hard to set an upper limit for his talent.

Trickykid

According to Bild, Dortmund want him as a Hummels replacement. Again, there's the whole 2 year unbreakable loan deal and the fact that Chelsea most likely would want to keep him, so it seems impossible for him to go anywhere this summer.

It's a shame though, I could easily see him fitting in perfectly at Dortmund.

Yannik

What's the opinion about him in Chelsea?
I mean there were a lot of players who did well at a loan and Chelsea DOES notice it, but it seems as if the loan concept is more of a buy-resell strategy. Like De Bruyne for example, did amazing at Bremen but the only effect it had on Chelsea was that they could demand more for him when Wolfsburg was asking. Will they really keep him, or just price him higher?

BorussiaBarcelona

According to Bild, Dortmund want him as a Hummels replacement. Again, there's the whole 2 year unbreakable loan deal and the fact that Chelsea most likely would want to keep him, so it seems impossible for him to go anywhere this summer.

It's a shame though, I could easily see him fitting in perfectly at Dortmund.

It's no shame at all, given that Borussia will give him all the playing time he can handle and will certainly try to sign him as well, as soon as Chelsea has bought another two veteran CB's and needs to sell someone for FFP reasons.

J

Jamie Cal

Chelski's CB situation is a mess; Terry going, Cahill is meh and full of mistakes, Zouma with a long term injury, Miazga probably not that standard nor Hector or Papy. They'd be made not to give him at least 3rd choice next year, but with how they neglect their youth (even playing Mikel there ahead of their youth) it wouldn't be surprising if he got shafted.

Trickykid

What's the opinion about him in Chelsea?
I mean there were a lot of players who did well at a loan and Chelsea DOES notice it, but it seems as if the loan concept is more of a buy-resell strategy. Like De Bruyne for example, did amazing at Bremen but the only effect it had on Chelsea was that they could demand more for him when Wolfsburg was asking. Will they really keep him, or just price him higher?

I don't know tbh. I guess it'll come down to Conte to decide (if he's still around at the time). They'll be batshit insane not to at least give him a shot, though. If he'd turn out a success, which I can't see he wouldn't, they'd be set for nearly a decade with a Zouma/Christiansen duo. I could easily see them supplementing each other excellently.

Then again, as you point out, it is Chelsea and with their loanee track record, who knows if they'll want to cash in on him instead.

Trickykid

Chelski's CB situation is a mess; Terry going, Cahill is meh and full of mistakes, Zouma with a long term injury, Miazga probably not that standard nor Hector or Papy. They'd be made not to give him at least 3rd choice next year, but with how they neglect their youth (even playing Mikel there ahead of their youth) it wouldn't be surprising if he got shafted.

He's not going back next season, as the Mönchengladbach boss has repeatedly stated. He'll stay put and complete his 2 year loan.

J

Jamie Cal

He's not going back next season, as the Mönchengladbach boss has repeatedly stated. He'll stay put and complete his 2 year loan.

I know, but I'm sure Chelsea could buy him out of it if they wanted? Denis Suarez at Sevilla for example.

Home of Barca Fans