N'Golo Kante

JamDav1982

Well Busi is exactly that guy. He is more like 5 players because he covers a ridiculous amount of space.

Busi cant cover a huge amount of ground properly unless there are players around him as he is so slow.

Yesterday it was a farce how many times players just ran past him with ease.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
You overrate speed. Of course Busi will not win a race when his opponent has enough time and space to accelerate. But it would be impossible to play the way we do and have success without having Busi in the team.
How he covers his whole area, the zone in front of the defense, which is the most important on the pitch is simply ridiculous. In addition to that he often corrects the mistakes of his teammates before the opponent has the chance to capitalize on them. He simply knows when to leave a certain space that the opponent is not able to use anyway in the particular situation.

One of his rare mistakes in that department was in the first tie vs Atletico e.g. Perfect cover by Raki could have prevented the pass to Koke but Busi made a mistake in the first place by pushing out to the wing to press. It resulted in Torres' goal.

JamDav1982

You overrate speed. Of course Busi will not win a race when his opponent has enough time and space to accelerate. But it would be impossible to play the way we do and have success without having Busi in the team.
How he covers his whole area, the zone in front of the defense, which is the most important on the pitch is simply ridiculous. In addition to that he often corrects the mistakes of his teammates before the opponent has the chance to capitalize on them. He simply knows when to leave a certain space that the opponent is not able to use anyway in the particular situation.

One of his rare mistakes in that department was in the first tie vs Atletico e.g. Perfect cover by Raki could have prevented the pass to Koke but Busi made a mistake in the first place by pushing out to the wing to press. It resulted in Torres' goal.

It is not about over rating speed it about Busi being at his best and able to play to his strengths.

If Busi is left exposed in midfield his lack of speed becomes an issue and it was exposed time and again against Valencia, Real and Atletico.

It is not his fault but he needs a lot of players around him and close by or it becomes an issue.

Best DM I have ever seen by far but like all players he has weaknesses that need to be covered by team mates. All players have that even Messi.

Catalan Fan

I don't think you can compare him to Busi, it wouldn't be fair after what Busi has achieved and done.The guy has been our unsung hero for years ffs.

My view is that Kante has been the best player in the PL this season.Never stops running, makes the most tackles and interceptions and (usually) great distribution too.

I don't see him at Leicester next season (more's the pity), but he would enhance any team imo_Only downside is his size.

Truthist

We don't really need him because I have seen Mascherano do the same for Liverpool and Argentina. A total relentless pressing beast.

Actually for Barca he's everywhere covering everyone's ass anyway. We should have tried Mascherano more in that position with the decline of Xavi. He covers more ground than anybody and has tremendous mobility.

Adversus

He reminds me of a super charged version of Makélélé. Chelsea should go for him as Matic's replacement. He would give Fabregas the freedom to dictate the game from further back without getting too exposed.

Home of Barca Fans