Luis Enrique's 99 matches as FC Barcelona manager

F

Flavia

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
02/04/2016 19:23

The Asturian coach approaches his century of games on the Barça bench with 79 wins and five titles

This Sunday’s match against Levante will be Luis Enrique’s 100th as manager of FC Barcelona, and the Asturian has the chances to equal the unbeaten record set by the team of 2010/11.

The recent cup semi-final win over Valencia equaled the record set by Rinus Michels’ men and are now within touching distance of the 28 unbeaten matches by Pep Guardiola’s side.

This is not the only record of note by the former Celta Vigo boss in his time with the Catalans. By winning La Liga, Copa del Rey, Champions League, Spanish Super Cup, European Super Cup and Club World Cup, last season’s team won five of the six available titles.

Luis Enrique has a more than impressive record; 79 wins, eleven draws and nine defeats in which Barça have scored 280 and let in 72.

infografic_luis_enrique.v1454610274.JPG

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How time flies. Almost 100 already.

I believe he has a Barca record for percentage of wins.

Raki with the most matches. Shows once again how important he is.

Surprised to learn it. It really is a testament of how much he's important.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
How time flies. Almost 100 already.

I believe he has a Barca record for percentage of wins.

It'll be exactly 80% if (when) we win this week-end.

I'm sure there will be some comparison articles for the first 100 games on MD or Sport.

In any case, I hope he stays for a 500 more :barcaflag:

Alik

Yeah, I would like to see a percentage record comparison for Lucho and other managers. Surely he's got the most impressive record following first 100 matches? We only lost 9 times, incredible. No one should ever doubt him.

Really surprising to see Rakitic as the most played player. Would have thought that would have been Busquets, followed by Neymar.

Messi would have been on top, if it weren't for injuries though.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah, I would like to see a percentage record comparison for Lucho and other managers. Surely he's got the most impressive record following first 100 matches?

I am curious about Guardiola. Didn't hey play a near perfect first seaon in the Bundesliga?

KingLeo10

I am curious about Guardiola. Didn't hey play a near perfect first seaon in the Bundesliga?

nope, one would think that, but amazingly, lucho's win percentage of 80 (assuming we beat levante) is easily the highest among all managers at elite clubs. for comparison's sake, here's a few notable tenures and corresponding win percentages

1) guardiola 08-12 barca: 72.5%
2) mourinho 10-13 real: 71.9%
3) ancelotti 13-15 real: 74.8%
4) guardiola 13-current: 76.6%

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
nope, one would think that, but amazingly, lucho's win percentage of 80 (assuming we beat levante) is easily the highest among all managers at elite clubs. for comparison's sake, here's a few notable tenures and corresponding win percentages

1) guardiola 08-12 barca: 72.5%
2) mourinho 10-13 real: 71.9%
3) ancelotti 13-15 real: 74.8%
4) guardiola 13-current: 76.6%

We should compare on the first 100 games .. I think the % drops in later seasons of any tenure, since that's often why managers leave (pep) or get sacked (mou)..

FC B

Crazy stats, ~80% win percentage with 280 goals for and only 72 against and just 9 defeats, amazying:lucho:
And ofc not to forget the brilliant record vs. top teams with 15 wins and only 3 defeats..:botibotiboti:

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Incredible! And to think it was only just over a year ago that people were calling for his head

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Better than Pep at everything besides that one super cup :worthy:

Look at that difference in goals scored though. Basically 60 more goals than Pep had at this stage and hes hailed as the master of attacking football. Incredible stats from Lucho!

bismp

If he manages to achieve a back-to-back treble,then:

:lucho: > :pep:

Despite having coached Barca for half as many years

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He really is the best manager we could have. Obviously quality of MSN and their chemistry is supreme but let's not forget that without forging tough defence and making others work for the trio all would be in vain.

He had the balls to evolve Barca and shift focus from midield to attack abandoning strict positional play for fluidity.

On top it all he's a great fellow too. Reminds me a lot of Rijkaard who was also a gret man and genuine as they come.

Home of Barca Fans