Renato Sanches

Falcao

Xabi replacement?

They've just signed Hummels too who will partner Boateng. Means Javi Martinez will revert back to his main holding midfield role under Ancelotti, Alonso will probably leave. Sanches is a raw but talented box to box midfielder.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They've just signed Hummels too who will partner Boateng. Means Javi Martinez will revert back to his main holding midfield role under Ancelotti, Alonso will probably leave. Sanches is a raw but talented box to box midfielder.

He is only 18, I don't see him forcing Alonso out just yet.

Messi983

I was thinking long-term Xabi's replacement of course, not just for next season. They can (and probably will, as Carlo likes him) still keep Xabi for another season or two until Renato is adapted to the team and get some experience.

Javi Martinez is also pretty injury prone so there will probably be enough minutes for all of them.

I was also wondering if this signing could also mean that Thiago will go with Pep to City.

BenRobbins

I don't see how the free could be 80 million. Bayern would never pay that. Infact no club would. He doesn't even look that good.

Prop though for the two signings today. Best run club in the world.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I don't see how the free could be 80 million. Bayern would never pay that. Infact no club would. He doesn't even look that good.

Prop though for the two signings today. Best run club in the world.

It's becoming normal these days. It's a 35 M transfer but the bonuses are going to be huge. THat's how it works. For example players like Renato and Pogba will be getting a shitton of bonuses. WHy is that? There's so much competition for quality players that you simply have to fork out a huge sum for the player. Bayern obviously can't pay 80 M for a 18yo because that would make them look desperate,greedy and in general taint their image so they do it like this. Most of the bonuses will be paid after next 2 seasons but all in all it's a 35 M transfer on the books. It's smart,it's business and everyone should do it. Except Real, we usualyl want to show off our muscles and huge transfer fees to present them as Galacticos and sell more jerseys. Except this summer since we're dealing with a transfer ban so even RM might do this so they can afford buying more players and spending huge money.

Alarcón

It's becoming normal these days. It's a 35 M transfer but the bonuses are going to be huge. THat's how it works. For example players like Renato and Pogba will be getting a shitton of bonuses. WHy is that? There's so much competition for quality players that you simply have to fork out a huge sum for the player. Bayern obviously can't pay 80 M for a 18yo because that would make them look desperate,greedy and in general taint their image so they do it like this. Most of the bonuses will be paid after next 2 seasons but all in all it's a 35 M transfer on the books. It's smart,it's business and everyone should do it. Except Real, we usualyl want to show off our muscles and huge transfer fees to present them as Galacticos and sell more jerseys. Except this summer since we're dealing with a transfer ban so even RM might do this so they can afford buying more players and spending huge money.

Bayern are not known to spend huge sums on players who have yet to show they're world class. They have already said some of the bonuses will be due when he gets into the FIFA XI or wins the Ballon d'Or. They haven't gone into specifics but I suspect most bonuses will be related to things like that, and therefore, if they will ever be paid, Sanches will have been worth it. No chance they sign an 18 year old who might potentially be a far inferior player than they expect for 80 million.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Bayern are not known to spend huge sums on players who have yet to show they're world class. They have already said some of the bonuses will be due when he gets into the FIFA XI or wins the Ballon d'Or. They haven't gone into specifics but I suspect most bonuses will be related to things like that, and therefore, if they will ever be paid, Sanches will have been worth it. No chance they sign an 18 year old who might potentially be a far inferior player than they expect for 80 million.

I'm not saying he'll be 80 M but I expect him to cost around 60 M and the last 20 M are probably related to winning UCL,Ballon d'Or,Team of the Year/season etc.

Yannik

I would expect there to be 3 or 4 addons from which maybe 2 are realistic and 2 others are unrealistic (and probably worth it if they are met).
Martial's deal is also at a total of 80m, there are 3 clauses á 10m each, one of them is something like 20 nationalteam caps (definitely happening) another one I think is about a certain amount of goals in his United career (probably also happening). The 3rd one is about the Ballon-D'Or shortlist (depends wether top 20 or top 3 is meant). So Martial might be at 70 realistically.

Sanches clauses are not yet revealed, it might be 35m for one of the most promising talents, it might even hit 80m for a worldclass player. Or it might be somewhere inbetween for something that is an "somewhere inbetween" kind of player. We'll see that in a couple of years.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I think he is Vidal's replacement instead of Alonso's, who should be Kimmich.

Or Gote replacement . They have been linked with a new CM in the past month .one of them is Pjanic so I guess they actually felt that the squad needed a guy in that position
With Gotze being rumored to be on the move .they might want Sanches as his short term replacement in the depth chart while being Vidal replacement on the long run

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Or Gote replacement . They have been linked with a new CM in the past month .one of them is Pjanic so I guess they actually felt that the squad needed a guy in that position
With Gotze being rumored to be on the move .they might want Sanches as his short term replacement in the depth chart while being Vidal replacement on the long run

Is this kid a CM or DM? I read he is a DM, a box to box midfielder instead of a true CM?

I think Bayern does need a true CM.

Home of Barca Fans