Mavericky Puig

Iniesta Ultra

Watched Portland match last night. Puig played really well, had a shot outside the box going in upper right corner that was finger tipped saved. Gave some really good progressive passes, reminds me a lot of Iniesta. Got a yellow for arguing with ref end of first half for not calling a handball penalty inside box. I don't even know MLS handball rules though. Galaxy had a couple shots hit the woodwork too, kinda like Chelsea creating a lot of chances but not scoring them. Brugman played well. Calegari got his first start and looks promising. I'll definitely keep watching the matches, despite MLS being lower level quality sadly enough it's still more interesting than Barca now. Vanney's very possession based, playing out from back much more than clearing, Puig did get dispossessed edge of box but keeper had an easy catch from the following cross. Can't wait till Chich can play again.

Xtroverto

This thing is crazy, 9000 post and 600 pages for a player I have never heard of :cheers: It could also be that barsa fans these last 7-8 years have really turned delusional, hanging their hope on a mediocre nobody that was never meant to make it in European top football. A 3rd rate footballer that broke every record of hype there ever was :facepalm:

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

LA Galaxy are so terrible. Idiotic loss of the ball just outside their own box when there are clear outlets, then just watch how the players respond once the other team gains possession. Keep in mind they are also down to 10-men. The player who idiotically lost the ball starts walking *away* from the goal as a 3v4 turns into a 5v4 . Puig and Costa make no effort to defend, not even by looking around to check for possible passing lanes to cut off. Multiple opponents left wide open in the box. Costa later gets sent off for an idiotic out-of-play sideline grab/throwdown deep into extra time just before the whistle with the score 0-3.

Sequence starts at 4:53. Click link to open in Youtube at correct time.

[video=youtube;KUV3QwXm30I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUV3QwXm30I&t=293s[/video]

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
This thing is crazy, 9000 post and 600 pages for a player I have never heard of :cheers: It could also be that barsa fans these last 7-8 years have really turned delusional, hanging their hope on a mediocre nobody that was never meant to make it in European top football. A 3rd rate footballer that broke every record of hype there ever was :facepalm:

this is mostly a meme thread, i wouldn't take it too seriously bar a couple of poster who for some reason or another rate him highly.

Bobo32

I see this is the el traffico night. Puig is playing. I expected the chat to be up, but since the forum is under construction etc maybe that's why I had to be disappointed - then we can discuss the game of the day ITT thread. It is currently 0-1, LAFC leading.

Bobo32

I think maybe Puig could get his own sub forum, for "Legends who were lost". Maybe Thiago can have his thread there as well even though he played some before he left. Grimaldo, come to think of it, there are a few...

Horatio

You're welcome
I think maybe Puig could get his own sub forum, for "Legends who were lost". Maybe Thiago can have his thread there as well even though he played some before he left. Grimaldo, come to think of it, there are a few...
^{%* off

Home of Barca Fans