Mavericky Puig

Porque

Riqui Puig is determined to stay and fight for his position in the squad. He has told teammates he is willing to become a ballplaying goalkeeping, having spent his summer obtaining his PADI diving cert. [Masala+]

Rory

Riqui Puig is determined to stay and fight for his position in the squad. He has told teammates he is willing to become a ballplaying goalkeeping, having spent his summer obtaining his PADI diving cert. [Masala+]

Had me in the first half

Porque

Had me in the first half

I could imagine Riqui starting in goal and doing ok for the first minutes (well until there's a high shot anyways).

But gradually minute by minute he keeps radiating towards the ball until by minute 25 you have this 5 foot goalkeeper chasing the ball around the midfield and attacking areas trying to get a touch.

Rory

I could imagine Riqui starting in goal and doing ok for the first minutes (well until there's a high shot anyways).

But gradually minute by minute he keeps radiating towards the ball until by minute 25 you have this 5 foot goalkeeper chasing the ball around the midfield and attacking areas trying to get a touch.

Can think of a few people who would praise that sort of total football mentality.

Bobo32

Perhaps we can see this player in the Joan Gamper, playing for the opponent Fiorentina. Some rumours from tonight... Would be interesting to see, I would open my bottle for such a game no doubt!

Porque

Bar?a wants to renew Riqui Puig
https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-quiere-renovar-riqui-puig-14005123

Riqui Puig goal is still to succeed at Blaugrana, although he understands that, today, the straightest path may not go through the Camp Nou .

His departure, in any case consensual, goes through a transfer, although before taking the step there is a condition that the Blaugrana club asks to give the definitive approval. Riqui's contract ends on June 30, 2023, so he only has one more year left and the club does not contemplate the possibility that, once the loan is over, he becomes a free agent . Hence, he has offered to extend his relationship by offering him the renewal and making sure to maintain control over the footballer, who will turn 23 in August and still has a huge career ahead of him.

The idea that the sports management has for the future of Riqui Puig, who showed up for training this Monday despite having permission from Xavi to be absent , is to reach a renewal agreement and, immediately afterwards, close the transfer of the footballer for a season. Offers are not lacking, both internationally and from LaLiga clubs.

----

I wish I had Puigs PR :lol:

We know how this chestnut will go if he does renew. The lil bastard will reject all exits and stay to fight for his chance

Barca: Mes que un Boys Club

ajnotkeith

If they renew him he will absolutely refuse to leave until his next contract expires.

Any more than a million a year NO, NO, NO.

Porque

Straight out of the Pique playbook of how to fail up.

With Nico going on loan Puigroach will find a way to survive.

Messi983

Amazing how Catalan media are trying to "sell" to clubs like Benfica and Fiorentina but nobody wants him. Not even on loan with Barca paying part of his wages. :lol:

Papa Pique will probably have to take his kid to Andorra.

Bobo32

Straight out of the Pique playbook of how to fail up.

With Nico going on loan Puigroach will find a way to survive.

I don't hate this post, I just dislike it immensely. I don't understand why you need to make fun of this tragedy. Or yeah you could make fun of it and try and turn it into a comedy instead, but this viciousness towards the almost Christ-like figure of this thread just seems so unfitting!

Porque

I don't hate this post, I just dislike it immensely. I don't understand why you need to make fun of this tragedy. Or yeah you could make fun of it and try and turn it into a comedy instead, but this viciousness towards the almost Christ-like figure of this thread just seems so unfitting!

It's a tragedy. Not Shakespearean or Greek but like a Scream movie where one by one the teens get murdered until one is left. And it ends up being Puig.

I don't hate him staying if he fits into Xavi plan. Just the idea of staying if he doesn't. Because he isn't going to win anyone over other than a dime on a Friday night.

Anyways the press piece didn't make any sense. I just hope he goes away and for better or worse plays. Guys like Oliver Torres and our old boy Kaptoum have been given shots at Sevilla and Betis recent years, so not like Puig wouldn't get a chance.

An im begging ya Cherry, all I'm asking for is a chance.

Bobo32

It's a tragedy. Not Shakespearean or Greek but like a Scream movie where one by one the teens get murdered until one is left. And it ends up being Puig.

I don't hate him staying if he fits into Xavi plan. Just the idea of staying if he doesn't. Because he isn't going to win anyone over other than a dime on a Friday night.

Anyways the press piece didn't make any sense. I just hope he goes away and for better or worse plays. Guys like Oliver Torres and our old boy Kaptoum have been given shots at Sevilla and Betis recent years, so not like Puig wouldn't get a chance.

An im begging ya Cherry, all I'm asking for is a chance.

Yeah, or some zombie movie where all the greats disappear one by one - and soon there is only Puig left, but he can't get to play since he "doesn't fit" with the other zombies and the coach seems to have turned into a zombie as well...

I also only want to see Puig play, and I also still have some nostalgia for Barcelona and wish them to play well and succeed. I think both can go hand in hand, but yeah a transfer to one of these teams (or a second division team) is better right now than him sitting on the bench for another year.

Home of Barca Fans