Mavericky Puig

navidjaan

Phenominal performance vs Jupiter today in the Copa Catalunya. One goal, two assists, one of which Laudrup-esque!

[youtube]watch?v=Ih2xng69u9Y[/youtube]

Gnidrologist

Watched the video. His manner reminds me of Xavi very much. Xavi was also a small lad so his physique shouldn't be problem in the least if he keeps playing like that. Doesn't seem to be easily bullied of the ball, has low center of gravity and can twist and turn much like chameleon eyes did. Hopefully this one turns out a gem for a change.

tacticvarium

Minimal level of physique is still needed to be able to survive and compete at the top level of football. Xavi, Iniesta, David Silva and few other small-talented Spanish players all had that. The upcoming years will be vital for Riqui's development as a player. Hope he will be able to do Busquets-Not regarded as the best talent during La Masia days but proved doubters wrong.

navidjaan

Unlike Busquets, Riqui has been regarded as one of the best La Masia talents. He has always received (and still does receive) MVP awards in major youth tournaments and journalists following La Masia, especially Gerard Romero, have been raving about his abilities ever since he joined in 13/14.

tacticvarium

I am well aware of that and he might have more name recognition than Busquets but that's not the point here. The best talents I referred to the above are players like Iniesta, Cesc, Thiago and Aleñá. You have to be honest and realistic. Riqui has never been regarded as top talent like them. Also many people in the club still have doubts if he can even reach the first team.

Zinedinho

Watched the video. His manner reminds me of Xavi very much. Xavi was also a small lad so his physique shouldn't be problem in the least if he keeps playing like that. Doesn't seem to be easily bullied of the ball, has low center of gravity and can twist and turn much like chameleon eyes did. Hopefully this one turns out a gem for a change.

I don't think he looks like Xavi at all. He's a more vertical type of player.

Windhook

No glory for him with that Laudrup hairstyle.:lol:

Just joking. I hope he doesn't act like his seniors and leave the club after the very first Monaco or Arsenal offer.

Home of Barca Fans