Mavericky Puig

Porque

I think Puig has looked decent though in his past few 20-30 minute appearances. In the game where he come on deeper (PSG?) he didn't have a probably holding his position tactically, which suggests his movements further up the pitch are intentional.

If he can keep adding something to matches coming on in those time periods, and also not only when we are losing or needing a goal, then he will be valuable for us.

Anyways, we don't need to make this a Puig vs. Gavi debate.

I can't speak for him, but I think if you asked Bobo who should start between the two he would probably say Gavi.

Andresito

Staff member
Just me speculating here.

I think his personality is considered to be 'too much'. He probably tries too hard to make himself heard that it comes to a point where he's obnoxious. I think he lacks self-perception, not that he's cocky, but that he's insecure about himself, as if he's 16.

He gives off those vibes imo.

Bobo32

Anyways, we don't need to make this a Puig vs. Gavi debate.
Certainly not, they are two great players that Barcelona fans should be happy to have in the squad.
The joy of harm that run out of a lot of users here is a bit disgusting to see.
I can't speak for him, but I think if you asked Bobo who should start between the two he would probably say Gavi.
At this moment, after Gavis nice game yesterday, it is easy to say so.
A bit funnily, Gavi has already started almost as many A games as I remember Puig doing.
I think Puig has been very much needed for over a year, and he has showed this every time he was on the pitch, but with Gavi there, finally there is not as an immediate need for Puig.
If Barcelona could play a bit like Spain yesterday, all would be pretty fine with me, even though I dislike seeing the personal agenda from Koeman.

JamDav1982

Gavi is a different class of player to Puig in everything he does and 5 years younger.

The old 'Puig shows it every time on pitch' lie.

Will repeat the same line again... Puig was shite in 3 of his 4 starts last season and taken off early before Barca would turn game round to win it in all three of them.

Yet fanboys keep trotting out the line of him being good every time he plays.

Was also shite when came on at HT towards end of season. Cant remember the game would have to look back but that would probably be in 4 of the 5 games he played most minutes he was poor.

Would be surprised if Puig is still at Barca after 2023. Doesnt offer a Barca squad anything can not have better players doing at this point.

Last edited:

fergus90

I think Puig definitely has his uses in the squad especially in the last 20 minutes of games, he plays quick one touch and helps get the ball moving faster in what can be a very lethargic Barca on the ball.

iniestaGOAT

Hard to see Puig as a Mourinho player, but if he does go he will only come back as a better player. Like he would have if he went to Leeds under bielsa.

You are behind teenagers gavi and pedri just leave and have some self respect

ajnotkeith

A player working so hard to get into the right condition and earn playing time takes every day off he can get even tho he's played about 60 mins all season lol

Home of Barca Fans