Mavericky Puig

Richard.H

I dont get this obsession with Xavi tbh. The way people hype him it?s as if he?s this master tactician that will take the club to another level. Of course he was a great player but as a coach it?s left to be seen.

Yep, not on the Xavi board yet. I don’t think Qatar experience is very telling of how he will coach Barca. And before someone pulls the smartass argument “well pep didn’t have any experience either”, he coached Barca B and had very good knowledge of the A team players.

BBZ8800

Yep, not on the Xavi board yet. I don?t think Qatar experience is very telling of how he will coach Barca. And before someone pulls the smartass argument ?well pep didn?t have any experience either?, he coached Barca B and had very good knowledge of the A team players.

Trying to replicate Pep (Barca's coach) among former players is equally as delusional as expecting that we will pull a new Messi from our academy in a month or two.

frostdude1

Genuinely concerned that we are going to sell him. There is no reason for ilaix to be ahead of him. Koeman has been unfair to this kid. I really hope the new president and new coach will give him a chance.

BBZ8800

Genuinely concerned that we are going to sell him. There is no reason for ilaix to be ahead of him. Koeman has been unfair to this kid. I really hope the new president and new coach will give him a chance.

1. Higher potential
2. Better physique
3. Being younger
4. Performing better right away

Is not enough?

vegitot

With Ilaix then probably new midfielder in the summer, he may go on loan if Koeman still is Barca coach.

serghei

Koeman: "Players like Pedri, Ilaix, Riqui, Ara?jo and Mingueza are the future of the club."

Koeman's trust of the youngsters has been admirable to be honest. Many a manager would be lining up with Busi-Pjanic-FDJ all season long.

Yep. One of his strong points. The only thing that irks me a bit is he should rotate Pedri-Puig more. Maybe vs Huesca. But very good nonetheless, guys like Pedri, Mingueza, Dest, Araujo, now Ilaix, are getting good game time. And this is their first season. Expect them to improve.

vuji_31

I would keep him as sub.
He is nice addition for 20-30 minutes per match.

If there is place for that.

Offload bosnian without lungs and legs

Joan

Seems fixated on success in blaugrana even if it damages his career. Doubt he'd want to leave even if clubs came knocking.

serghei

There is no market for Puig I agree. He is a Barca-profile, raised and developed in the spirit of total-football fluid possession style. He either makes it here, or doesn't make it at all and ends up like Samper or something.

JamDav1982

There is no market for Puig I agree. He is a Barca-profile, raised and developed in the spirit of total-football fluid possession style. He either makes it here, or doesn't make it at all and ends up like Samper or something.

Any player that has made it at Barca would make it elsewhere.

If he cant go and play at a good level somewhere else he has no chance at Barca. Any limitations has that would get exposed outhwith will get exposed if at Barca or not.

Samper was not good enough at Barca or out of it in the end.

serghei

Any player that has made it at Barca would make it elsewhere.

If he cant go and play at a good level somewhere else he has no chance at Barca. Any limitations has that would get exposed outhwith will get exposed if at Barca or not.

Samper was not good enough at Barca or out of it in the end.

Depends on what you mean by "make it". I meant becoming a top player. Sure, he can have a decent career somewhere else, like Betis or whatever. It's just that very few teams out there play like Barca, and Puig has a certain style that doesn't fit most other teams.

He should still go on loan and get more playing time as long as Koeman is here.

Home of Barca Fans