Mavericky Puig

Richard.H

awkward

E04hNVnWYAALTHM

??

BerkeleyBernie

Can't wait to see the comments from Puig fanboys when Xavi comes, realizes that Puig is average, and benches him like every other manager did.

As long as everyone is making their predictions, mine is that Puig (barring serious injury) will develop into one of the top creative midfielders in the world. See you in a few years. :wave:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

As long as everyone is making their predictions, mine is that Puig (barring serious injury) will develop into one of the top creative midfielders in the world. See you in a few years. :wave:

He has never looked particularly creative or likely to get a lot of goals/assists.

Moves ball quickly in middle of park for most part is what he has shown.

Gnidrologist

Another match, where he should've been introduced on at least minute 70th to get us moving forward and being sharper in attack, because there was zero penetration all match long sans Messis run. Instead he puts on Roberto, who is the last thing we need, when seeking for goal. I can understand not having him full match to keep defensive integrity against very dangerous team like Atleti, but we needed the goal and he did fuck all about that. His tactical decisions are as dumb as Dembeles dribbles. This has nothing to do with me being "Puig fan". He was absolutely obvious choice to spark things up, but Koeman just doubles down on his dumb caprices against the needs of club.

serghei

He has never looked particularly creative or likely to get a lot of goals/assists.

Moves ball quickly in middle of park for most part is what he has shown.

I know you don't like him, but he has 3 things he is consistently good are which are found in very short supply in midfielders. The quickness to evade players and tackles, intelligence, and great movement.

With the right manager, the right tactics, these 3 elements can be the foundation of a top player. With an emphasis on "the right manager". I have full trust in Xavi as far as midfield is concerned, the man was the greatest CM ever in terms of passing and vision in possession setups. Very little trust in Koeman.

So if we get Xavi, and Puig is not playing much, then I will be the first to give you guys credit for not rating him as a good prospect.

Bobo32

Another match, where he should've been introduced on at least minute 70th to get us moving forward and being sharper in attack, because there was zero penetration all match long sans Messis run. Instead he puts on Roberto, who is the last thing we need, when seeking for goal. I can understand not having him full match to keep defensive integrity against very dangerous team like Atleti, but we needed the goal and he did fuck all about that. His tactical decisions are as dumb as Dembeles dribbles. This has nothing to do with me being "Puig fan". He was absolutely obvious choice to spark things up, but Koeman just doubles down on his dumb caprices against the needs of club.

Yeah well but it has been absolutely obvious since the cup final that he won't get a single more minute under Koeman.
After his pretty good 90mins against Alaves, he got two 10 minute subs, and four 5 minute subs, that's all. Last time was over a month ago.

Rory

Puig not being involved yesterday is the same argument many of us had about Arthur not playing at Anfield. Sure Arthur and Puig aren't better than who started but they were more suitable given the opposition. It's about utilising a squad of players given their strengths.

Gnidrologist

Wow what? Let's forget Puig, but you think Rakitic and Roberto were more suitable against Pool? Either you're a masochist or a moron. And i don't rate Arthur, but he was obviously better choice against harshly pressing team on their own turf than geriatric Bamby on ice Rakitic, who could panic and lose possession to his own shadow.

Home of Barca Fans