Mavericky Puig

BBZ8800

Does Bobo create another account again???

Bernie is an old user who loves good movement and fluid football.

He speaks fluent English, unlike Bobo.
And his posts and thoughts are shorter and he rarely goes sideways/offtopic, unlike Bobo.

Bobo and Bernie don't have too much in common except liking the same player.

Richard.H

Bernie is 100% bobo lmfao

shutterstock_245726512-scaled-940x940.jpg

serghei

Bernie is an old user who loves good movement and fluid football.

He speaks fluent English, unlike Bobo.
And his posts and thoughts are shorter and he rarely goes sideways/offtopic, unlike Bobo.

Bobo and Bernie don't have too much in common except liking the same player.

If someone makes an alt account it's to deceive people into thinking he's another user, at which point you have to assume he'd change the style to dupe people.

Birdy

To Puig lovers:

Just watching this compilation vid, and even from such a vid which contains his best (not his worst) moments, I see problems.
OK, he does not lose the ball, he can turn, and he can circulate it well.
But, for instance, have you even considered that:
1) He moves uni-directionally (always from left -> right) making his movement very predictable, and very easy to defend from the opposition?
2) He slows down play? I didn't see many first-time passes apart from a few instances where it was the obvious choice.

And mind you, this discussion is centered only upon 1 aspect of his play: his ball-progression on possession.
No discussion about his defensive duties, his positioning, transitions, his finishing, etc etc

serghei

To Puig lovers:

Just watching this compilation vid, and even from such a vid which contains his best (not his worst) moments, I see problems.
1) He moves uni-directionally (always from left -> right) making his movement very predictable, and very easy to defend from the opposition?
2) He slows down play? I didn't see many first-time passes apart from a few instances where it was the obvious choice.

And mind you, this discussion is centered only upon 1 aspect of his play: his ball-progression on possession.
No discussion about his defensive duties, his positioning, transitions, his finishing, etc etc

He's the best pound for pound midfielder in the world. Deal with it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Still, then you'd purposely try to change it up to avoid detection this time around.

Most people who get banned cannot contain their urges of acting like clowns once they open an alt account again. So they don't tend to change up their typing style, obsessions, behaviour.....

BBZ8800

If someone makes an alt account it's to deceive people into thinking he's another user, at which point you have to assume he'd change the style to dupe people.

When you read someone's posts for a longer time, you can realize how old a user is and when he started to watch football.

Bernie iirc is from Usa, talked mostly about Barca and Pep's era, favorite player: Pedro.

Bobo has a name from Cristian Vieri and sounds like someone who watched football in the 90s based on his posts.

About Bernie and Bobo: imo, 99% they have absolutely nothing in common or that is the best acting in the world.

But then again, Bernie was never a guy who wanted fights, who looked like someone who would make alts etc.
He just came here and there to make a post about someone's off the ball movement 😉

About Riki, since we are Barca and people like Barca DNA and technical midfielders, it really isn't that hard to imagine 2 or even 1002 fans who really love Puig.

I mean, Arthur was loved by probably 80-90% of fans in his early days so a home kid Riki can surely have a few fans.

Bobo32

Sometimes when I login to this site it seems I log in to the prison cell of Norman Bates, 5 posters speculating about me being other posters.
I think I have a pretty distinct style in comparison to those speculating...
Funnily, BBZ was the first one they speculated about.

Pedro is far from my favourite player, but he is close to the ideal winger for Barcelona, "MVP" was the best trio they had.

To be a bit more ontopic, I'll reply to this post:
To Puig lovers:

1) He isn't easily defended or predictable.
2) First-time passes are often more easily read, he speeds up play more than anyone bar Busquets. Speeding up play is often done by passing to the right foot with the right pace at the right time, playing through lines, making the next player able to advance. If a one-touch pass is speeding up play, it's almost always because of the one passing the one playing with one touch, and the one making the run.

No I have tried to highlight his defensive play and his positioning a lot in my posts, as I see those two things as maybe his main strenghts compared to other players.

Birdy

Sometimes when I login to this site it seems I log in to the prison cell of Norman Bates, 5 posters speculating about me being other posters.
I think I have a pretty distinct style in comparison to those speculating...
Funnily, BBZ was the first one they speculated about.

Pedro is far from my favourite player, but he is close to the ideal winger for Barcelona, "MVP" was the best trio they had.

To be a bit more ontopic, I'll reply to this post:

1) He isn't easily defended or predictable.
2) First-time passes are often more easily read, he speeds up play more than anyone bar Busquets. Speeding up play is often done by passing to the right foot with the right pace at the right time, playing through lines, making the next player able to advance. If a one-touch pass is speeding up play, it's almost always because of the one passing the one playing with one touch, and the one making the run.

No I have tried to highlight his defensive play and his positioning a lot in my posts, as I see those two things as maybe his main strenghts compared to other players.

1) You have not provided any reason for your claim.
I said specifically that he tries always to move from left to right. That makes him predictable

2) Let's say all you say about how one-touch pass works is correct.
Why isn't Puig passing more in one-touch way, and instead always consumes a certain amount of time on the ball?
We already have Messi who holds up the ball as much as he wants, even against the needs of the play unfolding in front of him.
Do we need more?

And then I can add more.
3) Another flaw is that is good at retaining possession and not at moving purposefully into certain spaces.
At the end of each time he has the ball on his feet, he can't get dispossessed, but the opponents can contain him in spaces where he is harmless.

It's funny that this forum was tearing apart Arthur for being good only in retaining possession and doing nothing more than that.
And now Puig is kind of similar in what he does most of the time is the exact same thing

Home of Barca Fans