Mavericky Puig

fergus90

I've said it before but I'm very much of the belief that there is a very talented football in there with the right coaching. He does have his flaws no question(thought I'd mention it as if you rate him it's assumed you're a fanboy), but he also has plenty of positives to his game. His one-touch passing and movement between the lines is a profile that Barca's game needs at times.

Also his desire to be at Barca means he would stay for minimum money, I'd rather have Puig in a reduced role and save money for players that actually fit in and improve the starting XI. Rather than buying younger prospects from elsewhere that never break in the first team but cost 30-40 milion and are shipped on again. That's 30-40 million that could of been put towards quality players.

We've had a long list of Turan's,Denis,Gomes, Alcacer etc all come in, don't do any better than a youth product and accumulatively have cost a lot of money.

Catta

Can't wait to see the comments from Puig fanboys when Xavi comes, realizes that Puig is average, and benches him like every other manager did.

Farripas

I've said it before but I'm very much of the belief that there is a very talented football in there with the right coaching. He does have his flaws no question(thought I'd mention it as if you rate him it's assumed you're a fanboy), but he also has plenty of positives to his game. His one-touch passing and movement between the lines is a profile that Barca's game needs at times.

Also his desire to be at Barca means he would stay for minimum money, I'd rather have Puig in a reduced role and save money for players that actually fit in and improve the starting XI. Rather than buying younger prospects from elsewhere that never break in the first team but cost 30-40 milion and are shipped on again. That's 30-40 million that could of been put towards quality players.

We've had a long list of Turan's,Denis,Gomes, Alcacer etc all come in, don't do any better than a youth product and accumulatively have cost a lot of money.

I agree with you. I like Puig and frankly, the attitude that people have that if you like someone you're a fanboy, if you don't you're a hater is just stupid.

fergus90

I agree with you. I like Puig and frankly, the attitude that people have that if you like someone you're a fanboy, if you don't you're a hater is just stupid.

That's just the mentality of people these days. Criticism = hater, fan = fanboy. Just got to grin and bear it I'm afraid.

FinBarcelonafan

In the end, I think we talk about him way too much. Most of the coaches don't seem to rate him. He could have played a bit more here and there this season, that's about it.

He should go on a loan and prove himself.

serghei

Spot on. In midfield and defense, the team should be a mix of young players from our backyard, and about 2 top-class signings (especially CB, and GK area).

snowy

He'd rule at Palace taking on the MC job. Mili is okay at distributing the ball but he's always forced to draw fouls because he is so slow.

He'd be crazy to linger if Koe stays another year :thinking:

Xaviniesta

awkward

E04hNVnWYAALTHM

Home of Barca Fans