Mavericky Puig

Nazario1985

So basically Valverde & Koeman said no thanks to this kid

Maybe there is something wrong with Puig or both coachs are short sighted, if he moves he has to proves them wrong

Andresito

Staff member
Aren't we going to need him next season though?

I can see Busi, Frenkie and Pedri being regulars next season as well, at least in the start. Ilaix the main sub. Those 4 are pretty clear, but what do we have behind them?
Pjanic is worthless so he'll be 6th in the ranking because we won't be able to sell him.

So for the 5th spot we have Riqui, Collado and Nico. I think the preseason should determine who gets to stay. Busi will be phased out next season so the new guy and Ilaix will fight for the spot next to Frenkie and Pedri.

My guess is our midfield will be Busi, Frenkie, Pedri, Ilaix, Nico and Pjanic. Kids, grandpas and Frenkie basically.

Bobo32

Well if he is that good he will have no problem showing it on loan, right?

Maybe. He would thrive the most in a team capable of having 87% possession in a game, then he could really shine, as he always did when getting the chance. He is a type of player who will play better in a better team but probably won't stand out and make loads of assists or goals in a midtable team. Not a midfielder to defend deep with or to play too much "hawaii-style" football with.

Nice tikitaka in the clip from Fati - didn't see stuff like that since Alves I'd say, sometimes Iniesta too yeah...

JamDav1982

Ricky 'never has a bad minute' Puig.

Who has started four games this season and been taken off early in three of them as poor and Barca then went on to turn game round.

But drool over a 5 minute sub appearance when comes on with energy.

Porque

Maybe. He would thrive the most in a team capable of having 87% possession in a game, then he could really shine, as he always did when getting the chance. He is a type of player who will play better in a better team but probably won't stand out and make loads of assists or goals in a midtable team. Not a midfielder to defend deep with or to play too much "hawaii-style" football with.

Nice tikitaka in the clip from Fati - didn't see stuff like that since Alves I'd say, sometimes Iniesta too yeah...

Well, the fact remains he can't develop his game purely from training and 5 minutes here and there. Every player would theoritically be best in the perfect conditions of giving starting roles in the teams that developed them as youth players. But not every one can get that chance.

He is still in LaLiga in Spain where even the bottom teams will try and play possession based football and attack. If you write a list of all the LaLiga teams this year (along with their managers) and those who can promote next season then there are a number of candidate's who should give him a number of minutes, and a number that he would be suitable for. It is not like we are telling him to develop in the Premiership or Ligue1.

If none can, then he can never be good enough for Barcelona. You can't have a player who is top 5 in the world for example, but only at Barcelona and can't even get into the Elche 11.

If he wants to even just be the Sensi of Barcelona, then he needs to go out and find his Sassuolo first.

Dammie10

Although I think he?s a good player and deserves more minutes , I cant bite the fact that he looks real sneaky to me. I can see why Koeman could be on odds with him. For instance that handshake for Mingueza after the substitution and quickly looks at the ground after doing it as if nobody should know. Always when he?s at the substitution couch he talks with his hand on his mouth and if the camera spots him he sits straight again. Always checking if the camera sees it

Like i said I probably would understand if this the case because he deserves more but it could also be like Koeman don?t trust him with being a leak

Bobo32

Although I think he?s a good player and deserves more minutes , I cant bite the fact that he looks real sneaky to me. I can see why Koeman could be on odds with him. For instance that handshake for Mingueza after the substitution and quickly looks at the ground after doing it as if nobody should know. Always when he?s at the substitution couch he talks with his hand on his mouth and if the camera spots him he sits straight again. Always checking if the camera sees it

Like i said I probably would understand if this the case because he deserves more but it could also be like Koeman don?t trust him with being a leak

I have to agree on his personality, very strange behaviour sometimes, but this is hard to judge very well from the TV, I don't even watch interviews and so on... But I get the same feeling, that he is very self aware and maybe 'false'. Either that or he is really a very original person.

Was the "leak" ever explained more, or is the speculation that it's about Puig telling someone that Koeman told him that he should look for another club?

Home of Barca Fans