Mavericky Puig

Porque

De la Pena who Ronaldo considered as one of the best player he ever played with??? Do you seriously compare him to Mavericky???

Well there's no harm to relate their eagerness to always force the pass.

Obviously there is levels to this and De La Pena was a incredible talent who should have had his career at Barcelona.

For one reason and another he had his exit forced.

vegitot

Well there's no harm to relate their eagerness to always force the pass.

Obviously there is levels to this and De La Pena was a incredible talent who should have had his career at Barcelona.

For one reason and another he had his exit forced.

Some considered his style was outdated. Van Gaal didn't like him (he promoted Xavi btw) and sent him away. Later he was injuried too much.

BusiTheKing

Overall, I think people's opinions reveal some of their own disposition. I like Puig because he ups the ante of the game. Him being on means higher risk, higher reward in our game. I like that because I think as a club, and as a team, we need some of that. We have needed that for a while.

I don't think he's a huge talent, but he can do good things. I like what he represents and I think he inspires some of that in others, too.

BusiTheKing

I don't know if we'll have an easier time winning La Liga with him. But if we're going to win the CL, we need some of what he represents, be it Riqui or someone else. Look at how Chelsea won it.

vegitot

I don't know if we'll have an easier time winning La Liga with him. But if we're going to win the CL, we need some of what he represents, be it Riqui or someone else. Look at how Chelsea won it.

You think he has quality of Kante, Jorginho, Mount and can win Barca UCL trophy???

fergus90

I understand what BusiTheKing is getting at though, in general, Barca does need an unpredictable element to their game. It's can be the same pace and one-dimensional at times.

All sideways, without much cutting edge or lack of intent. Hopefully, that can change this season, or the inevitable will happen again come April.

serghei

Overall, I think people's opinions reveal some of their own disposition. I like Puig because he ups the ante of the game. Him being on means higher risk, higher reward in our game. I like that because I think as a club, and as a team, we need some of that. We have needed that for a while.

I don't think he's a huge talent, but he can do good things. I like what he represents and I think he inspires some of that in others, too.

He's like a mascot. 99.9% of the references about Puig are jokes around here. Most of that is his own doing though, kid's annoying. One of those dudes you throw away from your birthday party after 5 mins. :lol:

As a player, he is interesting and polarizing, but almost always exciting to watch, which is why people can't help but comment on him non stop when he plays. Big flaws, but a couple of rare qualities too.

He needs a top manager who fancies him to get the best out of him. And maybe there's a class player somewhere in there. But he got the short end of the stick in this area with Koeman.

I understand what BusiTheKing is getting at though, in general, Barca does need an unpredictable element to their game. It's can be the same pace and one-dimensional at times.

All sideways, without much cutting edge or lack of intent. Hopefully, that can change this season, or the inevitable will happen again come April.

We need a player to force the game on opponents. Right now, it's only Messi who does it and every team knows it. We need to improve out fitness and our reaction after the ball is lost first though because you can't afford to force the game if you're slow and old and can't deal with the turnovers which will no doubt happen when you try quicker more incisive passes. Busi is a major problem, he suffers greatly whenever the game goes up a notch in terms of rhythm. He is the first to gain from a slow pace game with long build-ups.

Last edited:

soul24rage

E7VF1-tWEAopgF4

Van "Puig" Persie

Home of Barca Fans