Mavericky Puig

jairzinho

Koeman's continuity could force Riqui Puig to rethink his future, although the player has always stressed his willingness to remain in Barcelona, convinced of his qualities. [as]

Andresito

Staff member
Busi, Frenkie, Pedri, Ilaix, Wijnaldum + Nico and Jandro (if he stays with B) should be enough for the midfield. Could even have Coutinho on the bench.
Riqui would benefit from lots of playing time.

Bobo32

lol@collecting paycheck from the bench

What are your own ambitions, for your own life, that it seems so terrible to stay?
Also, what are your estimation of Puigs talent? He should rather go to Elche than try to stay, play with Messi and get to play in some CL QF or SF maybe (well not under Koeman, but under other managers).

Be happy so long as he doesn't tire trying to prove himself at Barcelona, he adds a lot to the team the little he plays.

JamDav1982

What are your own ambitions, for your own life, that it seems so terrible to stay?
Also, what are your estimation of Puigs talent? He should rather go to Elche than try to stay, play with Messi and get to play in some CL QF or SF maybe (well not under Koeman, but under other managers).

Be happy so long as he doesn't tire trying to prove himself at Barcelona, he adds a lot to the team the little he plays.

'What is so terrible to stay'

Dont moan if he doesnt play then or claim being unfairly treated when he has options to go out and prove himself.

Elche on loan may be accurate as to where would want him though so right on that front.

What I don't understand is how has nobody ever told him he needs to put on quite a bit of muscle. He is very athletic but has no strength and he made it to what 22 years and no one ever told him to bulk up. I mean how? He has talent for sure more than pedri imo but he is clueless tactically and positionally, often runs around like a chicken making erratic moves and passes.

fergus90

I guess it depends on what each person's ambitions are. For some, the role of a 3rd goalkeeper/squad player type would be a dream job. Training all week making loads of money, drive nice cars, wear all the nicest clothes but you don't play much football and you're okay with that because the lifestyle you are afforded from that is great.

However, some may love football so much that they'd be willing to earn much less to play more. It's subjective which approach is right. I think there will come a time in his career where he will grow sick of not playing and accept the Barca dream is over (assuming his situation doesn't change).

Home of Barca Fans