Messi wins his 5th Ballon d'Or!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has won the 2015 FIFA Ballon d’Or award as the men’s world player of the year.

i

Messi, 28, has now won the award record five times, after taking the honors for his play in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Messi has finished in the top three of the voting for nine consecutive years.

2755124_LARGE-LND.jpg

"I don't think about whether I am the best. I just enjoy the day-to-day and after all that if I am the best or not -- it doesn't change much."

"Obviously, I am very happy, very content and just trying to enjoy all this.This is always very special, of course the team is important but this is beautiful for the fans."

"I am very happy to be here, to be able to enjoy this. As you mentioned, to be here for -- I believe -- my ninth time. I am very happy."

"I don't know if this (Barcelona) is the best team, but they are spectacular with extraordinary players who are motivated and want to do impressive things. And we continue on this path to want to win everything."

"The mentality of the dressing room is important and the plan to put out new goals and go out and play hard is also important. We know it is always difficult to repeat but we try because we have the desire."

"This is like the trophies we win. We don't stop to think about what we're doing. We'll value this in 30 years - wherever we'll be."

"Football is unpredictable, but I WANT TO END MY CAREER WHERE I STARTED, AT MY PLACE - AND MY PLACE BARCA."

Nucky

Grande Messi! I didn't doubt for a second he will win it. Simply the best player that ever played football with no doubt.. We all should be proud we live in his time and have a chance to see D10S play.. Congrats and the 6th is already loading.. Visca!!

khaled_a_d

Messi, 28, has now won the award record five times, after taking the honors for his play in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Messi has finished in the top three of the voting for nine consecutive years.

Top 2 for FIFA award during those 9 years btw

slvtn

Five Ballon d'ors is beyond imagination. It's well deserved though. Congrats to him and Lucho as well. We once questioned his abilities, but he knew better.

dakt

I was thinking what to write here about Messi. It's all been said 1000x already. So....

Good job Leo!

...now go on and pick up one more. You can do it easily.

Home of Barca Fans