Sell Messi or Neymar this summer?

Sell Messi or Neymar this summer?

• Total voters

Alik

Yeah, but neymar has his tax problems, and his dad might convince him to leave for them. And then we'd be without both too. Messi also has a legion of fanboys wanting to play with him.

The way I thought about it was that, going forward, Neymar's market value will be increasing whilst Messi's market value will dropping. In the end, when voting, I just expected Neymar to stay at Barça at least until he's 29 (same age as Messi now). But that was just an arbitrary estimate.

Another factor I considered was injuries. With Messi, I feel like we're at a stage where the possibility of an injury to him is very present at the back of our minds and he needs to manage the amounts of minutes he plays per season. Although, it's hard to predict this sort of thing.

Of course it's all just speculation! I hope both Messi and Neymar retire with us.

JamDav1982

I asked similar thing a few months ago but based on only being able to keep one when IF when Neymar is better player but both want to be main man and have to chose.

The general feeling was keep Messi if Neymar ever feels like that even if better player with better years ahead.

Trickykid

I asked similar thing a few months ago but based on only being able to keep one when IF when Neymar is better player but both want to be main man and have to chose.

The general feeling was keep Messi if Neymar ever feels like that even if better player with better years ahead.

As a poll? I must've missed it then.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
glamorous life in Manchester

200w.gif

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Stop being so boring.

It's just too early to ask the question, let's wait at least till Messi is something like 31-32 then it'd make sense.

Right now, if absolutely have to, of course sell Neymar, he's crazy good, but not Messi good.

Diogo28

As a cold-hearted-manager, the best decision would be letting Messi go. Neymar is almost reaching his level (dont know for sure if he'll get there, but he's not far) and has more 7/8 years in the tank.
Being a cule, i would never let go the child who arrived at Barça at the age of 13 and broke every barrier he could with us. Messi's history has to be linked with Barça's history, and for that i would want him to stay as long as he can be an impact player, even if that means a Xavi role like 2015.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
And to give a real answer.
Keep messi simply because he's such a big pull that he will attract another talent like neymar, just like he attracted neymar himself.
It's kinda harsh but neymars come and go aplenty, we could find the next big talent, dybala/martial/whomever, while messis are born once every 30 years.
That's only applying cold logic because any football fan would hate to see barca selling messi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Players like Messi and Neymar are special and special players don't come too often, so I disagree with that you can get more Neymars.

Dybala, Martial, none of them are even close to Neymar's level and the former is in the same age group.

That said, my heart will always say keep Messi. Fortunately for us, both will stay! :D

ManusXavi

This is a brillient poll [MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION] :worthy: . There should be no negativity in making a poll like this when he has stated >>
This is of course a purely hypothetical question that has little root in reality (or my own hopes and dream, for that matter)
For me he didn't even need to state it.

I picked to keep Neymar and it was an easy choice thinking about the future because of the age issue, likely-hood of injury and because of the development of Neymar. Neymar has so many good years ahead of him if he has the motivation, doesn't party too much and keeps his diet up (except during Victory parades when he can have all the McDonalds happy meals he wants)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans