Javier Tebas (LFP President)

FinBarcelonafan

What a donkey this guy. LaLiga is suffering as it is. Tough to compete for players.

We need more good players to attract more good.

jamrock

In tebas's mind all the clubs in Europe will go under & only Madrid will remain and he will have the last laugh.

Catta

Tebas was asked to pick between Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema and Barcelona’s new main man, Lewandowski, to which he said, “Since I’m a Madridista, I’ll say Benzema.”

Only in Spain can the league president openly admit to be a fan of one club. Spanish football federation is a joke.

Imagine for a moment if he said that he was a Barca fan, he would be relieved from his duties in an instant, but since he is a Real Madrid fan, nobody bats an eye.

Porque

Tebas was asked to pick between Real Madrid?s Karim Benzema and Barcelona?s new main man, Lewandowski, to which he said, ?Since I?m a Madridista, I?ll say Benzema.?

Only in Spain can the league president openly admit to be a fan of one club. Spanish football federation is a joke.

Imagine for a moment if he said that he was a Barca fan, he would be relieved from his duties in an instant, but since he is a Real Madrid fan, nobody bats an eye.

Correct. It's curious how as the president you don't develop a sense of detachment from supporting a club and the ability to be diplomatic in such a question.

"I like Benzema and Lewandowski equally and am delighted to see both of them playing in LaLiga".

KingLeo10

Tebas was asked to pick between Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema and Barcelona’s new main man, Lewandowski, to which he said, “Since I’m a Madridista, I’ll say Benzema.”

That's why all those LL against them are so sweet.

Let's hope we're back to smacking them around in the league again this season.

serghei

What a joke this guy is.

Porque

3 clubs oppose the strike. Madrid, Barcelona and Bilbao.

Bilbao have no vested interest in the Super League, but they are the only other club to not sign the CVC. So you can see that this law change protest is not just about the Super League but also that the CVC signed clubs have no choice but to follow their master.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The potential of jeopardizing the CVC deal notwithstanding, I think those clubs participating in the strike do have a point on the ESL alone: If clubs like us and Madrid are allowed to go form the ESL without any consequences it might pose some serious threat to La Liga and hence the interest of other clubs.

I mean the new sports law is great for us and Madrid, but not so great for those other clubs.

Birdy

The potential of jeopardizing the CVC deal notwithstanding, I think those clubs participating in the strike do have a point on the ESL alone: If clubs like us and Madrid are allowed to go form the ESL without any consequences it might pose some serious threat to La Liga and hence the interest of other clubs.

I mean the new sports law is great for us and Madrid, but not so great for those other clubs.

Like what threat?
LaLiga will continue to exist, and if they allow Barca RM to still be part of it, the product will be more or less the same.
As LL can't compete now with CL, it will not compete with ESL as well

El Gato

Villarato!
It won't be more or less the same.

Calendar can't remain the same if ESL participation forces it to mid-week.
If calendar isn't the same, less people turn up for domestic football fixtures.
If less people turn up, lesser rank and lesser interest abroad meaning departure of sponsors as product no longer delivered.
UEFA domestic league funding cycle will need restructuring if clubs no longer participate in their international competition.

It's a financial overhaul beyond the simple 1 to 1 substitution.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Like what threat?
LaLiga will continue to exist, and if they allow Barca RM to still be part of it, the product will be more or less the same.
As LL can't compete now with CL, it will not compete with ESL as well

I think it is the uncertainty as to what will happen if the ESL were to be allowed to happen, both in Spain and around Europe, that put those clubs in unease. The disruption of the European-wide football ecosystem with the ESL, without sanctioning from UEFA and with many other national leagues threatening to boycott and kick out teams that join the ESL, must make those clubs feel quite anxious. Overall for clubs who prefer the status quo and against the ESL idea, any move seen as potentially enabling the ESL is just not good, regardless of whether us and Madrid are allowed to still participate in La Liga or not.

Also, I think if the new sports law does put a damper on the CVC deal or wreck it completely in the end, it will be bad for the league and bad for us and Madrid in the end too.

Home of Barca Fans