FC Barcelona Finances

Yannik

This deal is a lot better than the initial CVC offering. 10% is not that much, acceptable.

I mean if we'd unrealistically expect that football and society in general will stop inflating and streaming stops becoming mroe and more global , and that thus the TV deal will always net Barca 160m per year like it does now, then 10% of that for 25 years is 16m x 25, that's ?400m and Barca's gain from that is 267m. This would basically a long term loan with 50% interest rate, which is criminal.

Now if we'd hypothetically assume that every 5 years TV deals are being renegotiated and La Liga gets a 15% bump on the previous contract then Barca would actually repay around 539m over 25 years, meaning they are essetnailly taking out a loan that they might repay double over the next 25 years.

This is unquestionably a whole lot better than the 50year CVC deal at 8%, as the mathematics for that one would be wild, but nonetheless this is more than the interest rate of the entire 1.5bn debt Barca already has. If Barca does not use these funds to sign the next Messiah and fix all their shit, then fans in 20 years will look back at Laporta the same way they look at Bartomeu and saying he ruined the clubs finances long term to register Andreas Christensen.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
I mean if we'd unrealistically expect that football and society in general will stop inflating and streaming stops becoming mroe and more global , and that thus the TV deal will always net Barca 160m per year like it does now, then 10% of that for 25 years is 16m x 25, that's ?400m and Barca's gain from that is 267m. This would basically a long term loan with 50% interest rate, which is criminal.

Now if we'd hypothetically assume that every 5 years TV deals are being renegotiated and La Liga gets a 15% bump on the previous contract then Barca would actually repay around 539m over 25 years, meaning they are essetnailly taking out a loan that they might repay double over the next 25 years.

This is unquestionably a whole lot better than the 50year CVC deal at 8%, as the mathematics for that one would be wild, but nonetheless this is more than the interest rate of the entire 1.5bn debt Barca already has. If Barca does not use these funds to sign the next Messiah and fix all their shit, then fans in 20 years will look back at Laporta the same way they look at Bartomeu and saying he ruined the clubs finances long term to register Andreas Christensen.

We've been through this a million times. It's an absolutely terrible deal, however you just need to look at the attitude of a bunch of users on this forum to see that they don't really care or understand the severity of this deal, some even advocate for it.

Barto & co should have their assets seized and thrown in jail for their negligence. Laporta although not at fault has not significantly improved things anymore than another candidate could have. There is nothing special he has done to warrant anything but criticism. The issue with this club is that it's not being about the best candidate but about being the best politician; an unfortunate consequence of being a socio reliant club where socios don't really seem to care.

serghei

We've been through this a million times. It's an absolutely terrible deal, however you just need to look at the attitude of a bunch of users on this forum to see that they don't really care or understand the severity of this deal, some even advocate for it.

Barto & co should have their assets seized and thrown in jail for their negligence. Laporta although not at fault has not significantly improved things anymore than another candidate could have. There is nothing special he has done to warrant anything but criticism. The issue with this club is that it's not being about the best candidate but about being the best politician; an unfortunate consequence of being a socio reliant club where socios don't really seem to care.

Laporta is a true Barca fan. Man loves the club above all other interests, and he's our greatest President.

He came to help in the worst period by far, after he handed the prefect club and the perfect team in 2010 to a bunch of crooks who burned the club to the ground.

And despite all this, some turn against him... unbelievable.

I have faith in him. It's after him that I'm worried about. Barca have a magnet for incompetent rats who try to fleece the club.

serghei

Of course he has flaws. Florentino has flaws too. But only after you see the likes of Barto, Rosell, Ramon Calderon, that you understand what a crap president looks like.

Jakabor

Barcelona plan to sell the 15% of TV rights for a fee of around 330m to the same company that bought the 10% of TV rights, Sixth Street.
@elperiodico

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Of course selling your asset for cheap is bad, there is no two ways about it. Bottom line, Barca is being taken advantage of because of the dire financial situation it is in, but there are currently no better options. Sergei’s point was this, although bad, is much better than the CVC deal, which yields a bit less money for twice as long and also, you have to repay the CVC money in the end (40 years later) whereas this deal with Six Street you don’t have to repay. Also this deal does not add to the debt.

It is a bad deal but our hands are tied, basically, and we have to find ways to move forward in order to even to register own existing players. I just hope we won’t be stupid enough to spend it on the likes of Lewandowski and giving Bayern the last laugh.

Porque

I read that BLM will now not be sold. Infact that it was never on the table to be sold as we already had the mandate of the socio's to sell it last year, but the highest offer has just been over 100m.

It was mentioned in the latest socio vote with a figure around 400m to inflate the overall numbers and help push through the agreement, but really the idea was to have it agreed so that we can sell the tv rights.

Maybe [MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION] can confirm that we already had the socio's acceptance to sell a % of BLM last year.

JamDav1982

I read that BLM will now not be sold. Infact that it was never on the table to be sold as we already had the mandate of the socio's to sell it last year, but the highest offer has just been over 100m.

It was mentioned in the latest socio vote with a figure around 400m to inflate the overall numbers and help push through the agreement, but really the idea was to have it agreed so that we can sell the tv rights.

Maybe [MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION] can confirm that we already had the socio's acceptance to sell a % of BLM last year.

They needed the socios to vote through the % sale of BLM last month and they quoted figures of 200-300m as offers they had recieved.

It was a separate vote to the tv rights and not needed to force that through.

I think you are getting mixed up with socios having previously agreed to % sale of Barcelona studios and offers for that not being as high as expected.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

The socis voted yes to sell up to 49% of BLM last month but yeah, recent reports suggested that Laporta doesn't want to sell it or only sell a lower % of BLM as they believe it has big potential and the club needs to have more control of the directions of it etc.

I think we might still be forced to sell a portion of BLM soon, since I read we have to have 600m in order to be able to sign new signings (so far the two deals with Six Street selling up to 25% of future TV rights amount to 537m, still short of 600m), not sure if it is true or not.

Home of Barca Fans