FC Barcelona Finances

jamrock

The broke keep getting broker, at least Madrid wasn't ran buy an idiot backed by all too many for years & can still compete on somewhat equal footing.

khaled_a_d

Sounds like the Glazers have found a mega rich buyer for Man Utd.

FSG also selling Liverpool.

Both teams' new owners are probably going to come in and invest quite a bit from day one like Todd Boehly at Chelsea.

We're going to fall further behind all the competition in Europe.

FSG wants to sell a share of Liverpool, not their whole share.

Windhook

Both teams' new owners are probably going to come in and invest quite a bit from day one like Todd Boehly at Chelsea.

Premier League is way more popular destination for petro dollars, bigger market. Also easier to acquire due to club structure. If Real and Barca weren't socios clubs, long ago those two to be owned by Saudi/Emirate/Qatar funds.

Total-Football

The silent take over of the mega rich . As opposed to the noisy take over of the Arabs. Stunning optics

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The silent take over of the mega rich . As opposed to the noisy take over of the Arabs. Stunning optics

I know what you are trying to get at, but it is not what you think. It is not really the country where the owners come from is the main issue, rather it is the nature or type of the ownership, private vs. state-affiliated. If it is the former, I don’t think it will raise much eyebrows, even if the owners were Arab.

Total-Football

I know what you are trying to get at, but it is not what you think. It is not really the country where the owners come from is the main issue, rather it is the nature or type of the ownership, private vs. state-affiliated. If it is the former, I don’t think it will raise much eyebrows, even if the owners were Arab.

Likewise, I feel u and what ur saying, however orthodox this view ur presenting. This is surface structure.. the lines seperating "state ownership" and mega western companies are much more blurry than meet the eyes trust me. The problem with those meta narratives circulating (in football and elsewhere) is that they are surface level narratives, mascarades, camouflage of what lies behind them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://cronicaglobal.elespanol.com...s-en-tres-plazos-500-millones_772211_102.html

- Instead of sticking to the original plan of repaying 80m every year for 30 years after a 5-year grace period (a total cost of 2.4 billion euros including interest), Laporta wants to do the three installments of 500m each in 2032, 2045 and 2052, which is expected to drive up the total cost to 3.075 billion euros including interest. The extra money we will have to pay aside, the risk of the club being forced to pay such a large sum (500m) in one go is worrying. Where do we get 500m? I'd rather we fork up 80m every year. Of course we might be able to refinance later but that also runs the risk of further driving up the total cost. I don't know what Laporta is trying to do with this 3-installment scheme, it doesn't look like it is going to save money on interest payment at all. Kicking a huge can down the road for future leadership of the club. To me it looks like another one of those Laporta's "enjoy today, worry tomorrow" stints. He won't be here to pay the 500m installment when they mature.

https://cronicaglobal.elespanol.com...25-derechos-televisivos-barca_727067_102.html

- the buy-back price of the 25% of TV rights is 1.037 billion euros, exactly doubles what Six Street bought the rights for (518m)
- My question is, if I understand this correctly, that the buy-back can't get triggered until for another 20 years, what is the point of triggering the buy-back after 20 some years, after Six Street has already pocketed more than 1 billion euros (provided that La Liga TV money doesn't go down)? It will be like giving Six Street another 1 billion and they will have already pocketed more than 2 billion for the 518m they initially gave us. Scandalous deal indeed.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://www.2playbook.com/clubes/ba...llones-via-bonos-reduce-plazos_11203_102.html

"Specifically, now the first tranche of debt is 100 million, maturing in 2028; the second, of 250 million, will run until 2030 and the third, of 350 million, must be returned in 2032. The 400 million of the fourth tranche expire in 2027 and interest will only be paid until 2027 and the fifth and last tranche will be 200 million maturing in 2047, according to Cinco D?as today. Up to 1,500 million euros that financing to cover the works of the Espai Bar?a remain 200 million that the blaugrana club is negotiating to obtain through bank financing maturing in 2028."

If Espai Barca will generate the extra 120m revenue that is expected, repaying the first 100m tranche in 2028 shouldn't be a problem, however 250m in 2030 and another 350m two years later? Unless we go on austerity and save every penny or manage to refinance them, I don't see how we can repay 600m in a span of 4 years, not to mention the existing debt we have.

jamrock

They'll clearly refinance & stretch it out, while also probably not buying players one/two of the summers like perez did with Madrid to save money or any other team that builds a new stadium that's not backed by a billionaire.

Home of Barca Fans