FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Anyways, there is no way Laporta or Ferran Olive owns the company. One day they will step down from the presidency and the board, the club is still there. TV right is asset that belongs to FC Barcelona the club, not just a few individuals.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What a stupid analogy that French guy had, it is not that Barcelona doesn't have the money to pay for those transfers and the wage bills, it is that no matter how much they have raised, La Liga still refuses to budge and tells them that they fell short of getting enough salary room to register all their players, including the new signings. The Ferrari analogy makes no sense, they already bought the car and it is all paid for, it is the government agency that refuses to issue them a registration because they don't think they have enough income to sustain owning this car.

And that English guy sitting at the table doesn't even know what the levers are.

These so-called "journalists" are so shit these days. Sports "journalists" especially.

iniestaGOAT

What a stupid analogy that French guy had, it is not that Barcelona doesn't have the money to pay for those transfers and the wage bills, it is that no matter how much they have raised, La Liga still refuses to budge and tells them that they fell short of getting enough salary room to register all their players, including the new signings. The Ferrari analogy makes no sense, they already bought the car and it is all paid for, it is the government agency that refuses to issue them a registration because they don't think they have enough income to sustain owning this car.

And that English guy sitting at the table doesn't even know what the levers are.

These so-called "journalists" are so shit these days. Sports "journalists" especially.

ESPN FC is a comedy show for entertainment purposes only

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://www.2playbook.com/clubes/fi...a-por-dudas-sobre-control-gasto_9165_102.html

- Fitch maintains the BBB rating, however downgrades the lookout from stable to negative
- Debt owed to Goldman Saches fell from 595m to 470m, indicating that we repaid 125m back to them, not 100m as previously reported?
- Fitch warns that our immediate future's revenue might fall due to the Espai Barca project (we already know)
- Fitch has doubts about our spending control, thinking we will use most of the lever money on transfers instead of paying off debt

Last edited:

Porque

As Laporta said. Ask Bayern Munich how their accounts look after the Lewa sale.

Zidane82

Should we be worried ??

I do not want all this to fall down just as things are looking amazing

There is a lot of interest in this latest story ...

https://twitter.com/millar_colin/status/1556554176699809793?s=21&t=talC5EL6UIEPaXQ3z_AlbQ

Breaking news
Incredible. Spanish radio claim Barcelona jointly set-up a holdings company to which it paid ?150m of its own money to buy its own assets (to inflate value of sale). La Liga rejected it as not "new" money. Bar?a must now pay ?37.5m tax on this payment.

Porque

It's the smart move to create a joint holding company (note not shell) so you get some control over the agreement.

Now if they have used Barcelona own finances for the deal then it is a big no-no. Imagine when Laporta is out of Barcelona, he is part owner of a company that he used club finances to benefit from.

So in this case, LaLiga is right to investigate, but wrong to pass judgement so quickly. I don't think it is something you can invalidate in a matter of weeks and shows more about their bias than Barcelona.

Now if Laporta himself put the % of money in through his personal loan (because knowing the return rates) it is a kind of arbitrage but gives LaLiga no right to veto part of the rights sale.

As said before, it is basically no different than Meriton putting money into Valencia (playing with the difference of the interest rates between what they charge Valencia, and what they pay the bank in HK) or when Atletico owners put capital into the club.

Last edited:

Zidane82

It's the smart move to create a joint holding company (note not shell) so you get some control over the agreement.

Now if they have used Barcelona own finances for the deal then it is a big no-no. Imagine when Laporta is out of Barcelona, he is part owner of a company that he used club finances to benefit from.

So in this case, LaLiga is right to investigate, but wrong to pass judgement so quickly. I don't think it is something you can invalidate in a matter of weeks and shows more about their bias than Barcelona.

Now if Laporta himself put the % of money in through his personal loan (because knowing the return rates) it is a kind of arbitrage but gives LaLiga no right to veto part of the rights sale.

As said before, it is basically no different than Meriton putting money into Valencia (playing with the difference of the interest rates between what they charge Valencia, and what they pay the bank in HK) or when Atletico owners put capital into the club.

The word is they used the money ( 150 million) raised from selling the rights last week .. so that sounds legit .

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Should we be worried ??

I do not want all this to fall down just as things are looking amazing

There is a lot of interest in this latest story ...

https://twitter.com/millar_colin/status/1556554176699809793?s=21&t=talC5EL6UIEPaXQ3z_AlbQ

Breaking news
Incredible. Spanish radio claim Barcelona jointly set-up a holdings company to which it paid ?150m of its own money to buy its own assets (to inflate value of sale). La Liga rejected it as not "new" money. Bar?a must now pay ?37.5m tax on this payment.

See my responses to Wolfe before. Same story.

I personally don't understand how capital gains impact the balance sheet, and I flat out don't know if it is an accepted practice to use your own money to account for capital gains that are not yet materialized.

Zidane82

See my responses to Wolfe before. Same story.

I personally don't understand how capital gains impact the balance sheet, and I flat out don't know if it is an accepted practice to use your own money to account for capital gains that are not yet materialized.

Is the money raised by pushing that last lever ( 150 million ) classed as our/your own money though ?

Joan

Any evidence we've actually done that?

I'm seeing reliable reporters say we're activating the 4th lever (selling another 24.5% of Barca studios) and after that, we'll be 13m short.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans