FC Barcelona Finances

Andresito

Staff member
According to Barcelona Internal Survey , Football Fans will spend significant less in the new Season for Tickets , Shirts and Tourism Attraction. People are slowly Football tired

Thought it'd be the opposite, that the stadium will be sold out in the nearest future.

malvolio

Thought it'd be the opposite, that the stadium will be sold out in the nearest future.

no surprise here. because of the pandemic people realized that they were blowing lots of money on things they can otherwise live without.

plus the younger generation is more interested in e-sports than actual sports.

Andresito

Staff member
no surprise here. because of the pandemic people realized that they were blowing lots of money on things they can otherwise live without.

plus the younger generation is more interested in e-sports than actual sports.

I'm just making the assumption from my own point of view: I'm incredibly excited to go to Camp Nou. Will go as soon as possible.
Socis should feel the same tbh. In the end it's the Socis that hold the season tickets and most seats at Camp Nou.

malvolio

I'm just making the assumption from my own point of view: I'm incredibly excited to go to Camp Nou. Will go as soon as possible.
Socis should feel the same tbh. In the end it's the Socis that hold the season tickets and most seats at Camp Nou.

Aren't they making more money from tourists anyway?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

The studies that I have read showed that overall the interest in sports and football, not just going to games in person, has waned somewhat in the last couple of years, for example TV ratings for some big sporting events such as the Euro final and the NBA final etc. have shown a decline compared to pre-COVID levels. Some analysis suggested that it might not necessarily due to COVID as numbers have allegedly been declining consistently for years (I haven't seen the actual numbers) . I think this speaks to what Florentino Perez and Laporta were talking about, that football needs to be more exciting to compete with other entertaining options for people's free time.

As to us in particular, I read a long time ago that many local socis and season ticket holders have long stopped going to the games (and that's why the club introduced the new system in 2019 to free up tickets from socis, I think). I hope the hiatus of this past year and half will help bring them back to Camp Nou before international travel resumes and normalizes.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Aren't they making more money from tourists anyway?

I think Spain has opened up to visitors from some countries but the numbers of tourists have a long way to climb back up to pre-COVID numbers. For us the museum is open and there are probably some sporadic traffic there but without allowing fans to go to the games, foot traffic at the museum and the stores is not that much I'd imagine. Especially since lately Catalonia is getting hit with the 4th or the 5th wave of COVID.

malvolio

I think Spain has opened up to visitors from some countries but the numbers of tourists have a long way to climb back up to pre-COVID numbers. For us the museum is open and there are probably some sporadic traffic there but without allowing fans to go to the games, foot traffic at the museum and the stores is not that much I'd imagine. Especially since lately Catalonia is getting hit with the 4th or the 5th wave of COVID.

I was talking about pre-covid numbers. Weren't tourists bringing in more money than socios?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I was talking about pre-covid numbers. Weren't tourists bringing in more money than socios?

Nobody really knows. Attendance-wise, I don't think there were more tourists than locals, even though there were always a sizable portion of tourists at Camp Nou. However, tourists do visit the museum and club stores which probably brought in more money than the locals I suppose.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
While Javier Tebas is creating roadblocks for us and Real Madrid just to be able to register some players thus making us less competitive you have the likes of Tottenham spending 50m on Cristian Romero with Man City rumored to be spending 200m+ on Grealish and Kane.

FinBarcelonafan

While Javier Tebas is creating roadblocks for us and Real Madrid just to be able to register some players thus making us less competitive you have the likes of Tottenham spending 50m on Cristian Romero with Man City rumored to be spending 200m+ on Grealish and Kane.

LaLiga in the shitter. Jeez.

Messi983

Yeah, surely both Barca and Madrid are also responsible for their own problems but I also put a lot of blame on Tebas that La Liga has stayed million years behind EPL. In a decade we've had Messi, CR and Neymar all mostly in their prime years. Imagine how much more money EPL clubs would have now if they'd have just one, let alone all three of those players.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah, surely both Barca and Madrid are also responsible for their own problems but I also put a lot of blame on Tebas that La Liga has stayed million years behind EPL. In a decade we've had Messi, CR and Neymar all mostly in their prime years. Imagine how much more money EPL clubs would have now if they'd have just one, let alone all three of those players.

I agree. Some lost potential for sure. Of course even now those three are the most marketable football players in the world, so they did something right.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
In Tebas' defense, it is really hard to catch up to the EPL no matter who is at the helm of La Liga. The EPL has got history, tradition, the English language etc. on their side, not to mention they have the most competitive league and is well marketed, ahead of everyone else.

Home of Barca Fans