FC Barcelona Finances

cro-man

The sporting and financial project of the new FC Barcelona board of directors has received a vote of confidence in receiving a stable triple B negative credit rating from the credit rating agency Fitc. [fcb]

The credit rating agency gives a triple B rating to companies that are satisfactory at the time of rating, just as has happened to FC Barcelona after their assessment. [fcb]

With this BBB stable negative rating the Fitch agency values positively the Club's financial project, which will have to undergo important readjustments to balance books. [fcb]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Any info how much they're paying us?

No idea so far. I am guessing it is either a deal with a higher $ amount since they went from a regional partner to a global partner, or extending the current deal with the same amount as before but upgrading them to a global partner. Either way in this time of uncertainties, with Messi's renewal hanging in the air etc., I appreciate them doing this and for showing confidence in our brand.

malvolio

No idea so far. I am guessing it is either a deal with a higher $ amount since they went from a regional partner to a global partner, or extending the current deal with the same amount as before but upgrading them to a global partner. Either way in this time of uncertainties, with Messi's renewal hanging in the air etc., I appreciate them doing this and for showing confidence in our brand.

i think that the sponsors have been reassured of messi staying.

Prodi

2,430M for Clubs. We will receive approx. 11.7% = 284.3M
- 70% for infrastructures = 199M
- 15% refinance debt 42.6M
- 15% increase salary limit = 42.6M

My opinion, until now:
- 30M player sells/wages
- 100M Messi if he reduces his wages to 20M (40M gross)
- 42,6M thanks to Tebas

We need at least reduce 30M more of the wage will.

Sterlingfan2000

2,430M for Clubs. We will receive approx. 11.7% = 284.3M
- 70% for infrastructures = 199M
- 15% refinance debt 42.6M
- 15% increase salary limit = 42.6M

My opinion, until now:
- 30M player sells/wages
- 100M Messi if he reduces his wages to 20M (40M gross)
- 42,6M thanks to Tebas

We need at least reduce 30M more of the wage will.

This deal is horrible, it grants CVC shares of the Revenue of the clubs and there will be games abroad. Serie A and Bundesliga rejected CVC offer

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
This deal is horrible, it grants CVC shares of the Revenue of the clubs and there will be games abroad. Serie A and Bundesliga rejected CVC offer

Has to be approved by majority of clubs, not least of which are the big 2 - I read that a separate pooled fund would be established where the hedge fund would get 10%, not directly from clubs. We'll see, Serie A & Bundesliga mainly nixed due to the lowball offer

Sterlingfan2000

Has to be approved by majority of clubs, not least of which are the big 2 - I read that a separate pooled fund would be established where the hedge fund would get 10%, not directly from clubs. We'll see, Serie A & Bundesliga mainly nixed due to the lowball offer

Well they get 10% share of La Liga but also get money % based of Revenue according to Spanish sources.

For big Teams it's a huge negative money drain in the long term for smaller Clubs it's probably good

JamDav1982

Well they get 10% share of La Liga but also get money % based of Revenue according to Spanish sources.

For big Teams it's a huge negative money drain in the long term for smaller Clubs it's probably good

The money Barca get from La Liga is around 140-150m. Even if take 10% of that then it would take 20 years to make up for money lost.

Barca keeping Messi, sorting finances to sign more stars in future and Real signing Mbappe could easily cover that 10% anyway if that is what this money would allow to happen.

Spanish football is on its knees and needs and injection and change of direction/ideas.

Sterlingfan2000

The money Barca get from La Liga is around 140-150m. Even if take 10% of that then it would take 20 years to make up for money lost.

Barca keeping Messi, sorting finances to sign more stars in future and Real signing Mbappe could easily cover that 10% anyway if that is what this money would allow to happen.

Spanish football is on its knees and needs and injection and change of direction/ideas.

Well if it would be that simple then Serie A and BL would already accepted. But both League rejected CVC offer.

There must be something strange going on this offer

JamDav1982

Well if it would be that simple then Serie A and BL would already accepted. But both League rejected CVC offer.

There must be something strange going on this offer

I doubt Serie A and BL circumstances are anything like La Liga and direction going due to covid and at point of losing stars.

behindbrowneyes

This is not how it works when Private Equity invests in a corporation. CVC believes that LaLiga has an untapped value and that they can maximize it. Liquidity injections of that kind are for improving the "product", making it more attractive. Of course they would want 10% of the pie, but the pie will be bigger due to their investments and the grown value of the product.

90% of LaLiga could be worth much more in 5, 6 years than 100% of LaLiga are worth now. It's probably the only way for the league to stay competitive with the Premier League. We've seen what kind of growth is possible if you look at the EPL 10 years ago.

Home of Barca Fans