FC Barcelona Finances

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
This changes the conversation, because it was my belief that the payments were just delayed. Now it seems that the players accepted some delays in payments for much fatter paydays which are approaching fast probably.

So, it's not a case of paying what is owed from back, but overpaying by a lot because these players accepted some delays due to covid. Shitty move by the players too in this case. It's like making bussiness on the back of covid and Barto.

I thought them accepting those delays were a gesture of good will. Heck, Madrid played even had cuts according to reports, not delays, but actually waived percentages away from their salary for good.

If this is close to the real truth than its beyond fucked up! In such case I'm not only blaming that criminal and idiot Barto, I'm blaming the players that agreed on this. If De Jong is one of them and is waiting for his criminal gained wages than fuck him and he can get the fuck out now! We will deal with the rest of the players that accepted such deals knowing how fucked up they were... "well we're going through a rough time and we know we were supposed to pay you 10m - but if you only get 5mil this season we will give you +20m for the reminder of your contract"?! All of a sudden half of players are making some god damn Messi money :banghead:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Best thing about being a Barca fan nowadays is that we are experts in psychology, economics and now law :boss:

trust me I'd rather just enjoy the sport, but god damn this is a circus that is stopping us from just enjoying the sport

Zidane82

🚨🚨✅| FC Barcelona will be able to register EVERYONE with the completion of the fourth economic lever & Pique's salary reduction.
@gerardromero [🎖️]

Horatio

You're welcome
����✅| FC Barcelona will be able to register EVERYONE with the completion of the fourth economic lever & Pique's salary reduction.
@gerardromero [��️]

ffs Pique already paid this man to spin it as if Pique is the hero.

Messi983

Yep haha

It's world vs Barcelona now

I would prefer if they would hate us because we would prove on the pitch to be the best team in the world again like we were under Pep.

But just knowing they're affraid of what we could become despite all our problems brings a smile to my face.

Nothing better than seeing tears of disgusting EPL pundits/fans and hopefully we'll see a lot of them in coming years.

serghei

I would prefer if they would hate us because we would prove on the pitch to be the best team in the world again like we were under Pep.

But just knowing they're affraid of what we could become despite all our problems brings a smile to my face.

Nothing better than seeing tears of disgusting EPL pundits/fans and hopefully we'll see a lot of them in coming years.

Of course they are. Barca with competent management and funds is something that will be a magnet for top players. Probably Bernardo also hoped we'd find room for him too this summer.

FinBarcelonafan

True. Now we need to prove we are good.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What I don't know is the actual salary offered to those 4 players when the new contracts were signed, did the overall pay significantly increase, or was it simply an increasing payment scheme (ie, pay me $5 today, pay me $10 tomorrow and Thursday but my overall salary figure stays the same)? If it is the former, truly stupid for Bartomeu to offer such and truly unethical for the players to take advantage of the club during crisis.

Either way, I doubt they can prove that was illegal as it is not illegal for an employer to offer the employees whatever salaries and payment scheme and it is not illegal for the employees to take it as long as they did not seek to evade taxes or break the law etc.

I understand why Bartomeu wanted to do it, he wanted to save a bit of money at the time (anyways still incurred a big loss, 95m for the 19/20 season). What was stupid of him was that he thought impact from COVID would be gone in a year and we would be back to 1b of revenue and we could easily pay those fattened wages.

Home of Barca Fans