Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://footballbenchmark.com/library/covid_brings_the_blaugrana_the_blues

chart3(11).png

chart2(10).png

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Wasn't our total debt a lot higher ?

These numbers aren't that bad imo , especially when an entity like Barca can restructure the short-term debt

FC433

Does not seem too bad. I thought it was about 500m current and close to 1b overall. Haaland and Sancho in then :barcascarf:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Total debt is included in the second picture. What I did miss yesterday , is that those numbers are only until the 19/20 Fiscal year. So this season's (which is almost done) debt isn't included in those numbers.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The figures above are financial debt, they don’t include the money we owe to other clubs for past transfers, I believe it is around another 300m or so, a chunk of which could be short term debt.

jamrock

But, but Barcelona is finished.

But, but broke club.

P.S. to those who don't get it: I understand we still have quite a bit of debt and are facing revenue losses. But, the situation isn't quite as dire as some would make it seem.

I think you are the ones who doesn't get it tbh.

Value for clubs like madrid & barca is kind of an irrelevant stat, as the clubs will never be sold.

The club is in a mess financial & that's just a fact, that report didn't present anything new to counter than point.

We'll be okay in the medium term though, we don't have an idiot running the club anymore, winning fixes most things.

KingLeo10

I think you are the ones who doesn't get it tbh.

Value for clubs like madrid & barca is kind of an irrelevant stat, as the clubs will never be sold.

The club is in a mess financial & that's just a fact, that report didn't present anything new to counter than point.

We'll be okay in the medium term though, we don't have an idiot running the club anymore, winning fixes most things.

Value is an important metric for potential sponsors/financial partners.

No one is saying the club isn't facing hard times. All I'm saying is that it's not ALL doom and gloom.

But if you want to go that latter route, by all means.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No Ronaldo, still attracting top sponsors and deals.

It will be challenging and interesting to see what kind of deals we will get post-Rakuten. We should seek something on par with Real Madrid, or at least not going down further from the 55m deal we had.

Tbf their deal with Emirates was agreed when they still had Ronaldo.

We need a superstar or two to be able to attract those sponsors at that level post-Messi. That's why I believe this board will do whatever it takes to land one of Haaland or Mbappe.

It's as much of a financial decision as much as a sporting one.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Tbf their deal with Emirates was agreed when they still had Ronaldo.

We need a superstar or two to be able to attract those sponsors at that level post-Messi. That's why I believe this board will do whatever it takes to land one of Haaland or Mbappe.

It's as much of a financial decision as much as a sporting one.

True. However, the fact that they generated $424m of commercial revenue vs. $377m that we did (citing figures from that Forbes article above) from the 19/20 season is a testament to their brand and commercial power and prowess.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
True. However, the fact that they generated $424m of commercial revenue vs. $377m that we did (citing figures from that Forbes article above) from the 19/20 season is a testament to their brand and commercial power and prowess.

That's a fair assessment and they've always been ahead of us in that department.

We've made huge strides the last 15 years though and will continue to make them if the right decisions are made during this tenure. We probably need to make more of an effort in countries like China, South Korea to close the gap.

Home of Barca Fans