FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Linking a country policy to an independent company originating from there, speaking in case of Israel, is not my line of thought.

It's hypocrisy, because China has a worse human rights record than Israel with the treatment of Uyghur Muslims. But hey some phones here in this forum are Chinese brands, created and under control of Communist Party of China, so it's all cool, right? No.

Are you saying all Chinese brands and companies should be boycotted simply because they are Chinese as they are all "under control of the CCP"?

Where do you draw the line?

Windhook

Are you saying all Chinese brands and companies should be boycotted simply because they are Chinese as they are all "under control of the CCP"?

Where do you draw the line?

I'm not drawing any lines here. I'm just giving an example on how people view certain countries in different light based on similar or worse human rights record.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm not drawing any lines here. I'm just giving an example on how people view certain countries in different light based on similar or worse human rights record.

OK, understood. I am against wholesale categorizing individuals and businesses based on the country/state label alone, whatever that country is.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm on the same boat. I'm OK with any company that is not state owned.

Same here. None of those Chinese cell phone manufacturers are owned by the state, by the way. Have to play the rules set by the state, sure, willingly or unwillingly but not state-owned.

Some might have more influence from the state than others. The lines can be a little blurred for some than others. Hence I ask where one draws the line.

Windhook

Same here. None of those Chinese cell phone manufacturers are owned by the state, by the way. Have to play the rules set by the state, sure, willingly or unwillingly but not state-owned.

They are not state owned directly, but if you don't follow certain guidelines of the Communist Party you are basically fucked. Look at Jack Ma, owner of Ali Baba, how he vanished for speaking against the party regulations.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They are not state owned directly, but if you don't follow certain guidelines of the Communist Party you are basically fucked. Look at Jack Ma, owner of Ali Baba, how he vanished for speaking against the party regulations.

Yes, that pretty much applies to every business here but I think that alone is not sufficient to shun and ostracize them.

Devils

Bar?a has the largest sponsorship offer in history. They are in a position to earn more than 80 million euros per year for the front, the sleeve of the shirt, and the training clothes. Bar?a are studying other offers with interest [sport]

Wonder who it could be! Pretty amazing if true.

Windhook

Bar?a has the largest sponsorship offer in history. They are in a position to earn more than 80 million euros per year for the front, the sleeve of the shirt, and the training clothes. Bar?a are studying other offers with interest [sport]

Wonder who it could be! Pretty amazing if true.

Reportedly it's Vegan Nation, cryptocurrency company that sounds like some scam. Doesn't even have a Wikipedia article and very little information about them or their CEO Isaac Thomas. Except for some staged interviews from him.

Found something interesting related to Cafu. I could be wrong, but the social media following is around 50 000+ people which is really laughable for a company ready to spend 80m per season.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sport is all hyperboles, Jamdav is right, if you break it down by match jerseys, sleeves and training jerseys, it is only slightly more than what we got before. Largest in our history if it is 80m for all three but not the largest in history of all clubs. Manchester United got more than us if you add the sleeve sponsor (KOHLER) and training jerseys (AON).

Also I found this a bit fishy as it was previously leaked that Socios.com will be our sleeve sponsor. Are they withdrawing or something?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Reportedly it's Vegan Nation, cryptocurrency company that sounds like some scam. Doesn't even have a Wikipedia article and very little information about them or their CEO Isaac Thomas. Except for some staged interviews from him.

Found something interesting related to Cafu. I could be wrong, but the social media following is around 50 000+ people which is really laughable for a company ready to spend 80m per season.

Yeah, my concerns with start-ups are they are extremely unstable as the failure rate is very high and they could easily foil in a couple of years and screw as a result. It would be a huge gamble.

I don't know why it is so hard for us to attract good sponsors. It was a struggle to get Rakuten, Pique was reportedly the one who got us the deal thanks to his own connections. None of the other big clubs had problem getting sponsors.

Where are the equivalents of Emirates Airlines etc.? Come on.

Last edited:

Porque

VeganNation are 99% (point 9) using this sponsorship link for free media mileage into their product. No one knew they existed a few weeks ago, now anyone who knows about Barcelona has googled them. I see no chance of any follow through.

Only crypto players who have the capacity to sponsor us are Binance, Crypto.com and those sort of heavy hitting players.

Windhook

We rather go with the most proven one - Spotify. Probably the sum is lower but at least is secure option. I remember in Formula 1 the Americans from Haas signed a deal with the fictitious energy drink Rich Energy, that was a scam and Haas received zero amount. Just free advertising for the energy drink on the back of a popular in 2017 Formula 1 team. The team has struggled financially since that fiasco making them a laughable participant in races.

Home of Barca Fans