FC Barcelona Finances

Zidane82

If we are saying that some of our players are on an illegal contracts then surely we are outing ourselves !?

Then if there is evidence that they have been playing on an illegal contracts then surely that could warrant a suspension from European football and a points deduction in La Liga at the very least. ??

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we are saying that some of our players are on an illegal contracts then surely we are outing ourselves !?

Then if there is evidence that they have been playing on an illegal contracts then surely that could warrant a suspension from European football and a points deduction in La Liga at the very least. ??

I don't know if there is a such a thing called "illegal contract" if no laws were broken.

The latest thing is just another piece that makes the entire club look liking a bunch of bumbling fools. No wonder no new sponsors want to sponsor us.

khaled_a_d

What I don't know is the actual salary offered to those 4 players when the new contracts were signed, did the overall pay significantly increase, or was it simply an increasing payment scheme (ie, pay me $5 today, pay me $10 tomorrow and Thursday but my overall salary figure stays the same)? If it is the former, truly stupid for Bartomeu to offer such and truly unethical for the players to take advantage of the club during crisis.

Either way, I doubt they can prove that was illegal as it is not illegal for an employer to offer the employees whatever salaries and payment scheme and it is not illegal for the employees to take it as long as they did not seek to evade taxes or break the law etc.

I understand why Bartomeu wanted to do it, he wanted to save a bit of money at the time (anyways still incurred a big loss, 95m for the 19/20 season). What was stupid of him was that he thought impact from COVID would be gone in a year and we would be back to 1b of revenue and we could easily pay those fattened wages.

The report after Ornestien article said Bartomeu have made those 4 players to take 18M paycut for one season while their contracts as a whole increased 311M (with around 8 added years to their contracts iirc)

As for illegal, they said it has involved a criminal act. As those contracts benefits the administration and players against the benefits of the club
There is a law in Catalonia named unfair administration, so in such case the club is a 3rd party with Bartomeu board, players are the other 2 parties.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The report after Ornestien article said Bartomeu have made those 4 players to take 18M paycut for one season while their contracts as a whole increased 311M (with around 8 added years to their contracts iirc)

As for illegal, they said it has involved a criminal act. As those contracts benefits the administration and players against the benefits of the club
There is a law in Catalonia named unfair administration, so in such case the club is a 3rd party with Bartomeu board, players are the other 2 parties.

So amongst the four players, the total salaries increased by 311m over the duration of their contracts? That is indeed outrageous.

Didn't know about the illegal part. Thanks.

ajnotkeith

ESPN say that Christensen and Kessie have clauses allowing them to leave for free if not registered on time for the first game. They are unlikely to be triggered but they are an option for those two players.

cro-man

❗️Bar?a are experiencing issues activating the fourth lever (the sale of 24.5% of Bar?a studios). Bar?a may not be able to register several signings for Saturday?s La Liga opener. [cope] #fcblive

impeh

Hi, its me..
endless levers gambling on the future of the club, spent 150m on players, cant register any, havnt paid off any of the players we owe endless money too, still stuck with a bunch of useless players on the wage bill

genius :boss:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
endless levers gambling on the future of the club, spent 150m on players, cant register any, havnt paid off any of the players we owe endless money too, still stuck with a bunch of useless players on the wage bill

genius :boss:

Biggest wage in the squad: Busquets
Biggest transfer in his new era: Ferret

Home of Barca Fans