FC Barcelona Finances

Messi983

Don't think that's what Laporta meant. He was talking about from a FFP standpoint which has more to do with us trying to offload players that still have relatively high value on the books (but not so much market value) due to high transfer fees paid and them still having 2+ years on the contracts. So players like Pjanić, Griezmann and Coutinho who we'd need to take a loss on in a balance sheet if we'd try to sell them but we could try to maximize their value by using them in swap deals.

And OTOH Roberto who is fully amortized as a homegrown player so whatever we'd get for him would count as a profit on sale for the club but we could probably still push his value up a bit more if including him in a swap rather than trying to sell him on a free market with not much interest in him. But surely, finding clubs willing to swap their players (that could be of use for us) for our rejects won't be an easy task.

I think Laporta will be careful but I'm sure if the right player would be available for what the club would consider a fair price we would still try to sign that player by negotiating payment with installments in coming years. And loans with obligatory buys aren't excluded either although we've never really done that and nowadays when most clubs need/want as much money upfront as they can get this is unlikely as well.

cro-man

A loan worth ?525m has been approved at the general Assembly to help the club move forward. It will go towards making payments for past transfers and wages, but it won't be used for new signings. It's a 15-year loan with a interest percentage of 3%. [
[MENTION=26750]Samuel[/MENTION]marsden
]

Interlop

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/06/20/60cf0624e2704e367b8b45aa.html

Glad to see that he is not delusional like Bartomeu and understands the mess that Barca’s finances are in. Hopefully, he can reduce player’s salaries this summer with some sales and negotiations. Pique looks like already accepted a salary cut. Messi looks like will also get less money. Griezmann, Alba, Busquets will have to reduce their salaries if they want to stay. High earners like Umtiti, Coutinho, Pjanic (lol), Roberto, Dembele will probably sold for peanuts as their salaries are too high for any team.

xxxxxx

The problem is, what can they do if Griezmann tells them to fuck off? They can't exactly terminate his contract. The same goes for players like Dembele.

Those players know they have the advantage here because of our terrible debt. We also do need some depth in our team, so we can't exactly loan/sell/release too many players because we have no money to replace them.

I am curious if Messi is going to get that 33m loyalty bonus or not. I'm also curious if he's still going to get around 600k a week despite us being in awful debt.

Interlop

The problem is, what can they do if Griezmann tells them to fuck off? They can't exactly terminate his contract. The same goes for players like Dembele.

Those players know they have the advantage here because of our terrible debt. We also do need some depth in our team, so we can't exactly loan/sell/release too many players because we have no money to replace them.

I am curious if Messi is going to get that 33m loyalty bonus or not. I'm also curious if he's still going to get around 600k a week despite us being in awful debt.

Messi was getting more than 600k a week, double that. Griezmann is getting 600k a week LOL or even more than that according to some sources.
If Messi and the captains reduce their salaries maybe that will be an example for the likes of Griezmann, who can be an useful player. Also, I believe they will try to restructure it, add some incentives, for him to reach his salary. If he also refuses that then they can try and sell him, exchange him while paying a part of his wages, add incentives like if he plays 30+ matches or scores 15+ goals for the other team then we don’t pay that part. We are broke, we have to be creative and use the leverages that we have. In some cases (Umtiti) would probably be better to negotiate a release.

Andresito

Staff member
Good. Hopefully we can somehow start with a clean slate, as clean as it can be at least. Still, we need a few more years until we can really get going with the new squad building.
The high earners will go one by one, but wouldn't be surprised if some of them stayed until 2023.

Messi983

Cr?dito de 525 MM? con Goldman Sachs

M?ximo 3% de inter?s.
1. devolver un cr?dito de 80 M?
2. devolver bonos contratados que deber?an haberse pagado hace a?o y medio por valor de 200 MM?
3. equipo competitivo los pr?x 2 a?os

https://twitter.com/santiovalle/status/1406652982943535105

Don't know if this is true though as there were other reports this loan won't be directly invested to improve the team.

Sterlingfan2000

We are on good track

Messi wage cut 144M to 60M
Pique Salary cut

Just have to get rid of Umtiti and Dembele and Coutinho u saved another 50M. Then try to force wage cuts for Busquets , Alba and De Jong. 150M -200M Salary saved

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The 525m loan from Goldman Sachs is primarily a refinancing deal and it should stay that way, since the most important thing right now is to repay those short term debt that is due, especially those with higher interest. We should not think about using the money to finance transfers, as financial well-being of the club is the utmost important thing to have to support everything else.

I do wonder how we are going to be able to get within La Liga's salary limit though, if Messi and the other high earners don't agree to cuts.

Prodi

Javier Tebas:
"Barcelona have exceeded their wage cap. I hope they can keep Messi, but to do so, they will have to make cuts elsewhere."
"Of the ?700m in losses across LaLiga, half of it is for Barcelona. There are other big clubs that have made a bigger effort to avoid it. Real Madrid have made a commendable effort to ensure their losses aren't the same as Barcelona, who take the trophy for losses."

My take. Many journalists in Catalonia are beginning to realize that renewing Messi will not be easy in terms of accounting.

- Barcelona had a Salary Expense of ? 386.6M as of 06/30/2020.
And that figure was achieved after deferring 180M of salaries to the next few years, the majority for this new season 21/22. Operation carried out by Bartomeu to save his budget without thinking about what may happen in the coming years.
- La Liga has limited Barcelona's salary spending to ? 347m on 21/22. And we have signed Eric, Aguero, Emerson and Depay.
- By LFP regulation, for every ? 10M that we reduce, we can ONLY use ? 2.5M in salaries per year without complying with the financial far play. 25%

Accountingly, Messi's renewal is counted as a new signing. Messi charges 138M gross.

With this 1/4 LFP rule, Messi's salary would have to go from 138M gross to 34.5M gross (about 18M net).
The rumors were that he will collect 30M net for 4 years. And we have to count the salaries of Memphis, Aguero, Eric Garcia and Emerson, which should be in total between 15-20M net.
We already have a gap of about 35M net (about 60M gross) that we have to free. For example, to reach that figure, we already need to get rid of Dembele, Coutinho, Roberto and Pjanic without paying them any salary. Impossible.

Home of Barca Fans