Liverpool wages 125m
Man City wages 115m
Man Utd wages 155m
Chelsea wages 162m
Spotrac

PSG wages 202m
Salary sport.

All in pounds.

So, high earners at Barca, once released, the figure of 160m pa is comparatively doable.

I found these numbers hard to believe. They are saying Barca's wage bill is 235m pounds (with the current exchange rate that is around 274m euros), with Messi's salary being 52m pounds a year. No way this is true.

And there is no way these EPL clubs are spending less than 30% of their total revenues on wages. Ludicrous.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I found these numbers hard to believe. They are saying Barca's wage bill is 235m pounds (with the current exchange rate that is around 274m euros), with Messi's salary being 52m pounds a year. No way this is true.

And there is no way these EPL clubs are spending less than 30% of their total revenues on wages. Ludicrous.

These salaries don't include what the staff is on. :coffee:

khaled_a_d

I remember deloitte report couple of years ago, we were like 4th or 5th in wage/revenue and some EPL clubs were ahead of us.
People really fail to understand hiw confidential those contracts are, and how many of those leaked numbers it was a bs.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I remember deloitte report couple of years ago, we were like 4th or 5th in wage/revenue and some EPL clubs were ahead of us.
People really fail to understand hiw confidential those contracts are, and how many of those leaked numbers it was a bs.

I don't remember seeing anything saying we are 4th or 5th, everything I saw said we have had the highest wage/revenue ratio in Europe for a long time. I don't doubt those clubs spent less than us (they received less than us too) but only 30% of revenue or less allocated on wages? No way in this world.

Yeah, these salary figures flowing around on the internet are just bogus.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

But in our case there is obviously some truth in those rumours/leaks seeing how we can't even register our new signings.

El Gato

Villarato!
I used to find it interesting talking about player salaries and contracts, but it's just become such a waste of time when folk go online to surefire spread the numbers from some Indian Salary Sport, Sportskeeda blog/website which churns out '2020-21 SALARIES UPDATED AND CONFIRMED' on a yearly basis claiming Hazard is on double the wage of Ramos and Jović is paid more than Benzema.

People desperately need to be sure of their sources before they start talking about finances online.

Mateka

I posted some information from Spotrac. I do not know if their information is credible but it appears so by their founders.

Spotrac has become the largest online sports team, & player contract resource on the internet.

MICHAEL GINNITTI (MANAGING EDITOR)
A graduate of the University at Buffalo with concentrations in English Journalism and New Media, Michael Ginnitti has been creating and managing web-based application and site development for more than 10 years.

SCOTT ALLEN (DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT & RESEARCH)
A graduate of Edinboro University & George Mason University with concentrations in Advanced Mathematics & Educational Technology

El Gato

Villarato!
And fetched a figure from an Indian blog for PSG.

First I heard of Spotrac to be honest, but be surprised if anyone publicized correct wages with free access. Don't really care about founders' CVs. Founder of Capology asks you to pay 100s of pounds for access to their data.

Last edited:

Mateka

I have seen Spotrac referred to. You can pay for access to additional data. Those referred to was to simply give the individuals behind the information.
The French League is not monitored by Spotrac, but various sites give information.
I assume these figures are total player salaries and not total staff salaries.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have seen Spotrac referred to. You can pay for access to additional data. Those referred to simply give the individuals behind the information.
The French League is not monitored by Spotrac, but various sites give information.

It doesn't matter where their founders received their education (even a Harvard or MIT grad could be a crook), their numbers simply look too low and far-fetched.

Non-player staff salaries are not part of the salary cap I am sure, and are usually much lower compared to players' salaries.

El Gato

Villarato!
I have seen Spotrac referred to. You can pay for access to additional data. Those referred to was to simply give the individuals behind the information.

Spotrac doesn't monitor anything, they just buy data and pass it on depending on the package they buy from provider.

Home of Barca Fans