FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm bombarded on fb, twitter, insta etc this and that about our financial situation and asking players to reduce wages and us practically throwing players with contracts under the buss and us not being able to register our new signings etc etc etc... I don't know WHAT is true anymore and it's getting fucking annoying, beyond annoying. Is it really THIS bad? We are a fucking laughingstock ffs...

Don't take those too seriously, many are simply false. It is true that we had problems registering players, that's why they did three levers so far, to buy players but more importantly to up the salary cap in order to register players. It is true that we are trying to cut wages, since we had the highest wage bill and now the second highest after PSG after Messi joined them, there is nothing wrong with trying to reduce it. As to throwing player under the bus, who? Frenkie I suppose? The club had made it clear, he can stay but he will have to cut his wages.

El Gato

Villarato!
What? How?

Reports of Laporta creating a shell company Locksley Invest jointly with Sixth Street to put in the capital required to pass FFP past Tebas. Nothing illegal just absolutely jokes and leads to fiscal consequences of having to pay 37.5M in corporate tax.

https://www.cope.es/programas/el-pa...ta-sus-dos-primeras-palancas-20220805_2233892

And before anyone accuses of misinterpreting on Madrid bias, well, I got this from a Polish editor of the largest Barca dedicated side in the country. Matter of fact - a club socio. So Cules are having just as much fun with this circus as I am

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Don't take those too seriously, many are simply false. It is true that we had problems registering players, that's why they did three levers so far, to buy players but more importantly to up the salary cap in order to register players. It is true that we are trying to cut wages, since we had the highest wage bill and now the second highest after PSG after Messi joined them, there is nothing wrong with trying to reduce it. As to throwing player under the bus, who? Frenkie I suppose? The club had made it clear, he can stay but he will have to cut his wages.

Frenkie is one of them, the Danish magician is the other... it sucks, but they're under contract so we need to pay up. Sure I wish Braithwaite could take a hint and have some professionalism in him and a grip on reality and move on, but he doesn't so we have to pay up. With Frenkie it's different because he's actually a good player that fits into our project (even though I wished more from him) - but he to signed a contract and we owe him a lot of money because he agreed on postponing his wages to this season. But his lawyers are worried if another club signs him if he will get the money we owe him - they want it black on white, and I 100% understand him. Frenkie is not seen as 'toxic' by other clubs that he will take down a club, screw a club over - we are the bad guy here. Sure the old board screwed us over big time and some of the wages we gave Busi and Pique even though they haven't performed in like 4-5 years are sick - but a contract is a contract. That doesn't mean we can't try to renegotiate - "we have a new wage structure and honestly compared to other clubs you guys make way too much - happy days are over..." - BUT we still have to pay them in full until they contracts run out if they don't want to cooperate with the club.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Reports of Laporta creating a shell company Locksley Invest jointly with Sixth Street to put in the capital required to pass FFP past Tebas. Nothing illegal just absolutely jokes and leads to fiscal consequences of having to pay 37.5M in corporate tax.

https://www.cope.es/programas/el-pa...ta-sus-dos-primeras-palancas-20220805_2233892

And before anyone accuses of misinterpreting on Madrid bias, well, I got this from a Polish editor of the largest Barca dedicated side in the country. Matter of fact - a club socio. So Cules are having just as much fun with this circus as I am

That is fucked up and by now Tebas should wake the fuck up!!

El Gato

Villarato!
That is fucked up and by now Tebas should wake the fuck up!!

Tebas is very awake and pretty sensible to block it if true. It's essentially Barca giving money to itself to inflate income past the 700 figure and get around FFP. Hilarious and very much a Laporta MO of being completely untrustworthy in methods

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Tebas is very awake and pretty sensible to block it if true. It's essentially Barca giving money to itself to inflate income past the 700 figure and get around FFP. Hilarious and very much a Laporta MO of being completely untrustworthy in methods

Yeah nah, not what I meant... Tebas is slowly killing the Spanish League, he can fuck off - he is forcing us to do stupid shit, us and other Spanish clubs.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

What circus? This idea of creating a company to sell its audiovisual rights to investors is not new at all, and not outlandish, let alone the thought of it being illegal. La Liga also did it in a similar way to sell CVC the TV rights.

Shell company? :lol:

The 150m this hilarious Cope article talks about is simply the capital gains. La Liga rejected it as part of the calculations of income received.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
It isn’t capital gains. There is no gain when you funnel own money through the transaction.
It’s effectively net balance because Barca president owns the shell company he sold the tv rights to as article explains. Stored 140 in the company part owned by Sixth Street and reported it to La Liga as income when selling rights, which La Liga rejects as it isn’t income since it comes from Barcelona in first place.

Just one more way to try and get under the cap.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Frenkie is one of them, the Danish magician is the other... it sucks, but they're under contract so we need to pay up. Sure I wish Braithwaite could take a hint and have some professionalism in him and a grip on reality and move on, but he doesn't so we have to pay up. With Frenkie it's different because he's actually a good player that fits into our project (even though I wished more from him) - but he to signed a contract and we owe him a lot of money because he agreed on postponing his wages to this season. But his lawyers are worried if another club signs him if he will get the money we owe him - they want it black on white, and I 100% understand him. Frenkie is not seen as 'toxic' by other clubs that he will take down a club, screw a club over - we are the bad guy here. Sure the old board screwed us over big time and some of the wages we gave Busi and Pique even though they haven't performed in like 4-5 years are sick - but a contract is a contract. That doesn't mean we can't try to renegotiate - "we have a new wage structure and honestly compared to other clubs you guys make way too much - happy days are over..." - BUT we still have to pay them in full until they contracts run out if they don't want to cooperate with the club.

I have do doubt that if the contract, whether it was the original or the new contract we signed with Frenkie that deferred his wages, will bind us to pay whatever we owe him, at the time of a sale or if he stays here throughout the duration of his contract. I honestly don’t buy the talks of us wanting to get rid of him or players just to not pay the deferred wages.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It isn’t capital gains. There is no gain when you funnel own money through the transaction.
It’s effectively net balance because Barca president owns the shell company he sold the tv rights to as article explains. Stored 140 in the company part owned by Sixth Street and reported it to La Liga as income when selling rights, which La Liga rejects as it isn’t income since it comes from Barcelona in first place.

Just one more way to try and get under the cap.

150m is exactly the amount of the capital gains of the 25% TV rights sold to Six Street. Whether or not Barca put its own money in the company created to account for it doesn’t matter, what matters is La Liga didn’t accept it. I suppose they thought they could use their own money to account for it and it turned out to be no. Also, there is no evidence whatsoever that company is owned by Laporta himself, it is owned by Barca.

I am sure the fact they have to pay corporate taxes was well stipulated and considered, again the same way the company La Liga and CVC formed will have to. No other way to bypass it I guess.

El Gato

Villarato!
Absolutely does matter as it is Barca money and therefore not income. Only income on books as comes from a company pretending to not be Barca entity.

Far I see it is reported Laporta and Ferran Olive, Barca treasurer, are both part of the company.

Can dance around it whichever way. No reason to accept this as income provided where money comes from.

Home of Barca Fans