FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's a fair assessment and they've always been ahead of us in that department.

We've made huge strides the last 15 years though and will continue to make them if the right decisions are made during this tenure. We probably need to make more of an effort in countries like China, South Korea to close the gap.

I am too lazy to pull the last several years' data, I actually thought we came ahead of them once or twice in the last several years when it comes to commercial revenue, if I am not mistaken. Yes for the most part of history they were ahead of us in that regard.

It might also worth be pointing out that last season was the first season that Real Madrid brought their merchandising in house, following our lead (similar to what we did with BLM) so that probably brought in additional revenue there. Nevertheless, like we discussed in the Real Madrid thread, they will soon be leaving us in the dust, commercial revenue-wise, once the potential of their revamped Bernabeu is materialized and unleashed.

Sigh.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am too lazy to pull the last several years' data, I actually thought we came ahead of them once or twice in the last several years when it comes to commercial revenue, if I am not mistaken. Yes for the most part of history they were ahead of us in that regard.

It might also worth be pointing out that last season was the first season that Real Madrid brought their merchandising in house, following our lead (similar to what we did with BLM) so that probably brought in additional revenue there. Nevertheless, like we discussed in the Real Madrid thread, they will soon be leaving us in the dust, commercial revenue-wise, once the potential of their revamped Bernabeu is materialized and unleashed.

Sigh.

Talking about the last part you mentioned there, there's been some reports the club are looking into and are in serious talks with the city council to play at the stadium in Montjuic for a couple of years to speed up the Espai Barca project and finish the stadium redevelopment ASAP.

I believe they'll present that option at the next assembly for a vote.

It's two years playing there vs. four years playing at Camp Nou.

I know what I'd vote for.

Last edited:

serghei

Madrid and Bayern are the best-run clubs in the world, sad but true. Look at Madrid, they fucking play on Di Stefano with no fans, and when the pandemic is over, they fucking move like bosses into a new superstadium.

ebc_99

Yep, now is the perfect time to renovate Camp Nou, yet nothing is happening and Real are well on their way to renovating theirs.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Talking about the last part you mentioned there, there's been some reports the club are looking into and are in serious talks with the city council to play at the stadium in Montjuic for a couple of years to speed up the Espai Barca project and finish the stadium redevelopment ASAP.

I believe they'll present that option at the next assembly for a vote.

It's two years playing there vs. four years playing at Camp Nou.

I know what I'd vote for.

You mean the Barcelona Olympic Stadium? Its capacity is around 55000 and I thought it was in shambles as it hasn't been used in a long time (I remembered walking past it and took a peek and it didn't look like in a good shape to me). Hmm, like we discussed, we will take a hit matchday revenue wise. Also I think accessibility could be an issue, Montjuic is not easily accessible or not as accessible as Camp Nou in Les Corts.

FinBarcelonafan

You mean the Barcelona Olympic Stadium? Its capacity is around 55000 and I thought it was in shambles as it hasn't been used in a long time (I remembered walking past it and took a peek and it didn't look like in a good shape to me). Hmm, like we discussed, we will take a hit matchday revenue wise. Also I think accessibility could be an issue, Montjuic is not easily accessible or not as accessible as Camp Nou in Les Corts.

All true. I am sure they would spend a bit of money to make it work.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Yep.

Might be another option available, but that seem like the way they want to go. I think it'll still be worth to take a short-term hit than drag this out for four years, possibly five by playing at the Camp Nou while the redevelopment is going on.

Sooke

The Olympic stadium is not that bad. Little refreshments here and there and it can be useful for 3-4 years. We can not play at Camp Nou while they rebuild it. Don't you see in what condition is Santiago Bernabeu at the moment? It will be the same with our stadium.

FCBfan22

Well, if this ESL thing fails, we will go from bad to worse financially...

A lot of court cases coming our way pretty soon.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, if this ESL thing fails, we will go from bad to worse financially...

A lot of court cases coming our way pretty soon.

Why would there be court cases, out of curiosity? You mean disgruntled players suing us for not being able to play for their national teams?

khaled_a_d

Why would there be court cases, out of curiosity? You mean disgruntled players suing us for not being able to play for their national teams?

There were even rumor's that UEFA will sue the clubs, asking for 60B in compensation.
Not sure how accurate it is, plenty of rumors flying around

Home of Barca Fans