FC Barcelona Finances

SmilerBam

Anyhow,Bartomeu should be hang out in the front of the stadium and left to die for what he did to this club.It's incredible he's not in jail already for what he did,the fucking rat.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have read Swiss Ramble's thread carefully and I don't see where that 730m "short term debt" that El Mundo is alleging comes from? Anybody knows?

To me the most glaring part in this thread is this: "#FCBarcelona transfer fees debt rose from ?261m to ?323m, up from ?64m in 2017. Net payables of ?155m after considering ?168m owed by other clubs. Mainly owed for Coutinho (Liverpool) ?69m, De Jong (Ajax) ?64m and Pjanic (Juventus) ?58m. Already highest in Europe in 2019."

What the fuck? We sold Arthur to Juventus and bought the oldie Pjanic, somehow we still owed them 58m? The club's erratic high-dollar, high-profile transfers in the recent years (which all started with Neymar's departure to PSG) really started the downward spiral in the last several years both transfer spent-wise (and hence triggered huge borrowing) and wage-wise. If we had been more prudent with our transfers we wouldn't be in a situation like today's.

Laporta or not, whoever is going to become the next president will (1) first need to refinance and renegotiate the debt that is due this year (according to Palco23 we were in advanced talks with most bond holders and creditors to push the maturity date by one year), (2) get new loans or bonds at higher interest rates (which will push up our gross and net debt but we have no choice but to do it) to cover those short term debt that will be pushed to 2022 and (3) develop a plan to have a healthier financial structure moving forward. Either way Swiss Ramble is right, a period of austerity is ahead of us. Transfer-wise we won't be able to spend big which will force us to explore within, in a way it will be good for us.

Keep all the good things that Barca Corporate has been doing, they will diversify our revenue structure and broaden our revenue streams. At the same time rein in our expenses, especially the wage bill football-wise.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Disgusting club. Tempted to switch to being a Madridista any time now.

Why tempted? Go ahead and do it now, don't let the door hit you on your way out. It wouldn't be a huge loss for us at all if you depart and become a Madridista.

Just do it.

Yannik

quite frankly, Barca been handling 600m+ in debt for like longer than Barto has even been around. It was always a living life unhealthy at the edge. But only now is it actually a real fucking issue, since Covid meant that the expected income that pays off those annual installments is lacking.

Gotta make more debt nows, with low credit score and really shitty interest rates. Probably also have to get rid of Messi and others and not buy anyone but cheap players. I mean, not to piss anyone off here, but thats the price you have to pay for living a fancy life for years of speculating with wealth you dont have.

It's always nice and well until the point when you run into an unexpected global financial crisis that bursts the bubble.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
quite frankly, Barca been handling 600m+ in debt for like longer than Barto has even been around. It was always a living life unhealthy at the edge. But only now is it actually a real fucking issue, since Covid meant that the expected income that pays off those annual installments is lacking.

Gotta make more debt nows, with low credit score and really shitty interest rates. Probably also have to get rid of Messi and others and not buy anyone but cheap players. I mean, not to piss anyone off here, but thats the price you have to pay for living a fancy life for years of speculating with wealth you dont have.

It's always nice and well until the point when you run into an unexpected global financial crisis that bursts the bubble.

This is true, especially for a club like ours without any rich individual or corporate owners from which to inject money into. But let’s face it, many clubs are like that but they have their lives easy because they can turn to their sugar daddies in the times of need like this, for example Manchester United, Juventus, Hotspur, even Atletico Madrid.

I am fine with austerity for a while since it will force us to generally avoid making make high-dollar, high-profile but also high-risk and high -wage signings (that is not to say we won’t make any of those signings though), it will force our scouts to up our games and effort and we will have to give La Masia kids more chances and that is not all bad. As long as we keep making to the CL and remain somewhat competitive in the league before we turn our financial situation around it is good.

jamrock

I blame jamda & his cohorts (they know themselves) much as I blame bartomeu for the destruction of the club.

It just had to be said....

Rory

I just can't understand why you'd have 600m-800m of debt staring you in the face and then you go and sign a 100m+ player 3 seasons in a row. If Bartomeu is allowed to walk the streets of Barcelona for the rest of his life then this club has no passion.

Home of Barca Fans