FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Where are you getting your attendance figures from? They seem better this season than last. You're correct that Madrid will push us close next year if they do bring their merchandising in-house like us, but it still leaves us and Madrid miles ahead of the competition from Bayern and Utd. PSG and City should be nowhere on this list as they basically sponsor themselves. Such bs.

It's true that our wages are way bigger than Madrid's, but are they paying the greatest player to have ever lived? Take out his salary and it probably knocks off 100 million from wages. I reckon Perez would be willing to pay Mbappe a hell of a lot soon.

It's also true that Madrid's net debt is better than ours. But our revenues are very strong and the club has shown reason to believe we will continue to be at the vanguard of the economic growth in football

Here is the average attendance number so far this season compared to the last several seasons. We dipped slightly (about 1000 less each game) while Real Madrid is doing much better (about 3000 more each game) than last season.

Sofascore.com is a good place to track attendance numbers by the way.

EOF06FFWoAEEEfI

Andrew M

If you include CL games it takes us over 76, 000 on average. It's still very strong numbers imo either way.

Andrew M

What were our numbers in 14/15 and 15/16?

Never mind, found it on Transfermarkt:

*Only La Liga

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-barcelona/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/131

I wonder why there's such significant differences from year to year.

Quality of football? Star players? Weather?

The reason for the average being under 70, 000 in 17-18 was because of the terrorist attack and the game behind closed doors against Las Palmas.

If you look at other dips it becomes clear why the drop; for example, in 08-09 (Pep's first season) Ronaldinho had been sold and the previous season had been bad and I remember very well there was some negativity around the team until the performances picked by towards Christmas.

In 2012/13, Pep had just left....

Andrew M

L'equipe published the top 10 player salaries and 3 of the top five play for us:

Messi: 8.3 million euros gross per month
Cristiano Ronaldo: 4.5 million euros gross per month
Neymar: 3 million euros gross per month
Griezmann: Just under 3 million euros gross per month
Luis Suarez: Just under 3 million euros gross per month

FC433

^
blood boiling, but I feel a bit better when I see this:
[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="ro" dir="ltr">Most paid managers in Europe's top 5 leagues in 2020, per L'Équipe (per year):<br><br>1 | Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid) - €43.6m<br>2 | Pep Guardiola (Man City) - €23.28m<br>3 | José Mourinho (Tottenham) & Jürgen Klopp (Liverpool) <br> - €17.52m<br>4 | Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid) - €16.8m</p>— Get French Football News (@GFFN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1225745481692786688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Suarez has to way, there is just no other way but to force him to leave. We are paying way too much for players who are not performing and that includes Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal and Pique.

serghei

Messi is earning way too much imo. Should still be the best paid, but not that crazy amount. Which further shows not everything will suck when he retires or he leaves. Quite a few good sides to this as well, next to the bad ones.

jamrock

Everyone there for us should be making 1-3 mil less than they are.

Frenchie should be 2m
Saurez 2.5
Messi 6.5

serghei

Everyone there for us should be making 1-3 mil less than they are.

Frenchie should be 2m
Saurez 2.5
Messi 6.5

This should give us power over these players, since there's no way they'd be earning that elsewhere, especially the older players. Instead, we bow down to them as if they're doing us such a big favor by playing for this club. In reality, they're paid fortunes.

Truly the worst board out there. These guys are paid tens of millions per year and we still allow them to complain they don't have 5 days off per week anymore. :lol: Can't make this shit up.

FC433

^
I think it is fair. Messi is our icon we get a lot in return because of him. I am okay to give him what he wants.

serghei

^
I think it is fair. Messi is our icon we get a lot in return because of him. I am okay to give him what he wants.

To his excuse, he'd be getting near that at the oil clubs probably. But I still don't think any of our players are giving enough on the field in terms of work and dedication to earn what they're taking home in terms of money. We're not getting enough work, dedication, and professionalism for what we pay them, and this is mostly the board's and the manager's fault for allowing this to happen.

FC433

^
I agree. I was talking only about Messi. We should have moved on a while ago. We are not progressing because we are not willing to let go of the older generation. Pique, Busquets, Raktic and Suarez are earning way too much for little return. I would keep Alba next season but only as a sub and he should leave in summer 2021.

6 of our starting 11 are born in the 80s. Not good.

KingLeo10

Both Messi and CR7 are earning way too much. Neymar, Griezo, and Suarez too. Regardless of how superstar athletes want to posture themselves, nearly all have an ego the size of a mountain. So, once the wage scale is determined, there's no way any of them will accept a cent less than their competitor, unless the club is cutthroat.

If nothing else, we should adopt a model similar to Juve's. Accomodate Messi but tell the likes of Suarez and Griezo to chill the fuck out with the wage demands. Of course, the matter is complicated because Suarez is Messi's best pal.

More and more, this club needs a total revamp, from board to manager (better than Setien) and players, including a departure from Messi, to be serious and hungry on all fronts.

Home of Barca Fans