FC Barcelona Finances

KingLeo10

A CL without the by far most successful team and a CL without a club that fielded arguably 3 of the top 5 CL sides of all time is a total joke

:lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lol, if they ban us and Madrid Champions League is a joke. :lol:

Imagine CL in the last 15-20 years without Barca and Madrid.

They won't ban Madrid, just us in the ludicrous name of breaching FFP.

Without just us and Juve, it won't impact the CL that much.

serghei

They won't ban Madrid, just us in the ludicrous name of breaching FFP.

Without just us and Juve, it won't impact the CL that much.

That would make them even dumber, since Madrid is the club that is rebelling the most, and Barca and Juve are just following along.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That would make them even dumber, since Madrid is the club that is rebelling the most, and Barca and Juve are just following along.

They have no excuses to ban Madrid, as they won't make this a case about the ESL and they will say it is strictly about the FFP, while in reality everyone knows any stick from UEFA to us these days carries a lot of ESL vendetta.

khaled_a_d

The ESL sound dead currently if we are being honest.
Too much politics for it to happen, if it was "just business" we would have pulled it off but once politicians got involved we were fucked.

Even fans and media don't take it seriously when we talk about it.
Don't think UEFA need to make example of anyone tbh. They will just give more unneeded negative attention to the whole situation

ajnotkeith

https://www.2playbook.com/clubes/barca-pide-prestamo-148-millones-venta-25-tv_9300_102.html

??

My understanding is we had to borrow an additional 148m with a 6% interest rate, which roughly corresponds to the capital gains from selling 25% of the TV rights to Six Street, in order to satisfy La Liga's "fair play".

To cover that amount which LaLiga discarded as 'not new income', we had to get it as a loan externally which counts as new income. Makes sense.

But unsure about this news that LaLiga simply reviewed the levers wrong.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
To cover that amount which LaLiga discarded as 'not new income', we had to get it as a loan externally which counts as new income. Makes sense.

But unsure about this news that LaLiga simply reviewed the levers wrong.

My interpretation of that is La Liga didn't consider the 150m or so of capital gains from the TV rights deals real money received and we had to borrow that amount just to make La Liga happy.

6% interest rate is a lot, we will have to shell out a good amount of interest payment alone. If my interpretation is correct, ie. it is money needed only for the salary cap, we should just repay it soon after we register all players to avoid any further interest payment.

Birdy

https://www.2playbook.com/clubes/barca-pide-prestamo-148-millones-venta-25-tv_9300_102.html

??

My understanding is we had to borrow an additional 148m with a 6% interest rate, which roughly corresponds to the capital gains from selling 25% of the TV rights to Six Street, in order to satisfy La Liga's "fair play".

How reliable is the source to begin with?
Why hasn't this piece of news been reported at all by all reliable Barca journos the last days and even today??

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How reliable is the source to begin with?
Why hasn't this piece of news been reported at all by all reliable Barca journos the last days and even today??

I have heard of ARA before, seems to be quite legit outlet. 2Playbook itself is more than reliable when it comes to sports business so I don't think this was made up.

Edit: Just checked, MD says that the club denied borrowing 148m but apparently it was done through the joint company, Locksley Invest to borrow the money which somehow will not be reflected on our balance sheet (??).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans