FC Barcelona Finances

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barcelona announces the sale of 24.5% of Bar?a Studios to the company Socios.com for 100 million euros to accelerate the club’s audiovisual, blockchain, NFT and Web.3 strategy.

What does this last part even mean?!

Blockchain and all the fancy web stuff like NFT and metaverse, essentially. A popular bandwagon that a lot of clubs have jumped on, but will have to see how much money they can actually generate.

From the perspective of our first NFT auction, it was not bad. And it looks like the club sees a rather optimistic prospect for this line of business and what Barca Studios can generate.

What I don't know is what exactly the role of Socios.com is in the future business of Barca Studios, from the article of 2Playbook it seems they will collaborate with the club on all those fancy Web 3 stuff and we will share profit with them. Perhaps they can help us further develop stuff like NFT and blockchain etc., however the club will have the control of the audiovisual content production part of Barca Studios. I suppose that's both good (we are in control) and bad (we need more entertainment industry experts with expertise in the area to develop further).

I hope they will find a way for a buyback.

Last edited:

Birdy

@ManagingBarca
��| FC Barcelona are clear that within a year, the salaries of all the players must be within a set limit. At the moment, there are seven players who have incredibly high salaries.
@fansjavimiguel

FDJ
Pjanic
Busi
Alba
Pique

Who are the other 2, though??

Joan

They call fansjavimiguel account fanfic Miguel on Barca twitter. He hasn't been right this summer.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Birdy

Why Pjanic though? I'd never imagine he is one of the high earners...
FZGwksnUsAAVaC3

FZGwmMyUIAA9WDN

Updated figures for 22/23 on Capology, one of the most reliable site.

FDJ's wages are laughable.
Pjanic gets insane money given his role. It was another Barto debacle when he orchestrated that ridiculous Arthur-Pjanic swap to cover his ass.

But other than the 5 mentioned, I can't see the rest.
Stegen's money are not a lot, and Umtiti is reduced since last January when Allemany renewed him
Lewa is a new signing, and is already adjusted to the wage bill. He is supposed to be a benchmark from now on, as no squad member should get above what Lewa is getting

ajnotkeith

FZGwksnUsAAVaC3

FZGwmMyUIAA9WDN

Updated figures for 22/23 on Capology, one of the most reliable site.

FDJ's wages are laughable.
Pjanic gets insane money given his role. It was another Barto debacle when he orchestrated that ridiculous Arthur-Pjanic swap to cover his ass.

But other than the 5 mentioned, I can't see the rest.
Stegen's money are not a lot, and Umtiti is reduced since last January when Allemany renewed him
Lewa is a new signing, and is already adjusted to the wage bill. He is supposed to be a benchmark from now on, as no squad member should get above what Lewa is getting

Pjanic must not be updated because he halved his salary last season right? That makes no sense.

What is the methodology of this site? Are they just hazarding guesses on publicly available information like us or do they have inside information?

Birdy

Pjanic must not be updated because he halved his salary last season right? That makes no sense.

What is the methodology of this site? Are they just hazarding guesses on publicly available information like us or do they have inside information?

Pjanic only halved it to go on loan to Besiktas for 21/22.
Now he is back on his original money.

Plus, Pique's deferred wages for instance are not included there, as they are not factored in his current contract.

I don't know the methodology, other than they don't just guess but confirm the figures somehow (don't know how)

In any case, anyone can see WHO are the problem

By next summer, most cancerous contracts will be gone.
FDJ sold, Pjanic reduced or sold, Busi retired, Pique retired.
Hopefully the club will also tell Alba to fuck off

Catta

How is MAtS making so little, didn't he renew in 2020 and became one of the best paid GKs in the world. There were reports then that he wanted more than 20 mil. No way Barto negotiated that well when you look at other wages.

malvolio

How is MAtS making so little, didn't he renew in 2020 and became one of the best paid GKs in the world. There were reports then that he wanted more than 20 mil. No way Barto negotiated that well when you look at other wages.

Don't cry buddy. There are many other myths on this forum that get exposed time and again, only to resurface because people usually preferr a good lie so it suits their agenda.

Gnidrologist

Maybe hes wage is.. frozen.
Anyhow, that DJ bill is ridiculous. If he really refuses to negotiate it down, he can go. Sad that Busquets and Alba can't and wont be kicked out as easily.

Catta

Don't cry buddy. There are many other myths on this forum that get exposed time and again, only to resurface because people usually preferr a good lie so it suits their agenda.

Why would I cry. :lol:

It is not like that source is 100% right. And if it is, shame on MAtS agent, so many bums got crazy deals from Barto and he couldn't even though he is the worlds best GK in the clubs eyes.

Home of Barca Fans