FC Barcelona Finances

Porque

giphy.gif

You earned this won.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If this club ever gets into the amount of trouble these EPL fanboys are having wet dreams about they'll change the ownership model and open up part of the club to outside investment similarly to how Bayern or German teams I guess are structured.

And just like that we'll continue to be absolutely massive while these rent boys gonna be crying about how unfair it is.

Doubt we get to this point anytime soon though, maybe in 20 years or so who knows, or maybe never.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thank you [MENTION=8069]impeh[/MENTION] for posting this, it is always good to read analysis from Swiss Ramble.

Couple of things that stand out, among many things that we already know:

(1) Our wage bill, standing at 432m for the 20/21 season, was so much more than all the other clubs except PSG

FX7eaYLWQAAIzmw.jpg

(2) Our commercial revenue, one of the best if not the top prior to COVID, fell so much. Messi was a big factor but I think the incompetence of Laporta's team to close any new sponsorship deals other than Spotify should also be blamed.

FX7edb1WIAEd8ZL.jpg

What I am still confused about is the calculation of the salary cap. Swiss Ramble says it is revenue minus non-sporting expenses and debt payment. Non-sporting expenses shouldn't be that much as it doesn't include the wage bill or salaries paid to the players, it should only include salaries paid to the club employees and other operational cost. Debt payment wouldn't be that much either, I'd imagine no more than 50m a year? How the heck is it possible to have a negative 144m of salary cap if it is simply "Total revenue - non-sporting expenses - debt payment = salary cap"? :rolleyes: Anybody knows?

FX7b5vGXEAAZrqX.jpg

Home of Barca Fans