FC Barcelona Finances

ajnotkeith

It did not? Really? Then what explains the drastic decline of our salary cap, now rumored to be only around 100m? Why do you think it was a such a great move by the way? Paving ways to returning a profit?

Because it makes us look really bad, having a loss almost amounting to half a billion. Who really wants to be associated with an entity who is so poor in terms of handling its business?
We are sacrificing the salary cap this season to have a much bigger cap in the seasons to come, instead of spreading the pain out over multiple seasons.

Means we can make big signings much faster than we otherwise would have given we have the capital.

JamDav1982

It affects next summer because those players aren't calculated anymore, Coutinho doesn't count 25M amortization per season anymore , Pjanic doesn't count as 15M anymore.
Without, the club would have never loaned Pjanic for example, since a loan means 15M loss on this season.
It gives flexibility going forward while dealing with our deadweight

It has never been shown if the club even did reduce the amortisation costs of certain players or by how much.

Just a lot of speculation that happened.

serghei

I think we need to cut Laporta some slack here. I'm surprised we secured Ferran Torres after his first real 6 months here. I think he is the President we need right now.

JamDav1982

I think we need to cut Laporta some slack here. I'm surprised we secured Ferran Torres after his first real 6 months here. I think he is the President we need right now.

No one is attacking Laporta in this conversation as far as can see.

They are doing what can in current climate and have made some bad decisions so far and some good ones.

Some folk are so far entrenched that every decision is shit or good.

Torres for me is a good signing and positive move. On the finances they are doing what can and difficult to know where club are on some issues such as amortisation of players etc.

JerseyAddict

Just read it
The numbers are scary.
That debt will only be postponed. They can't repay it unless they get audience and tourists back. For that they need a star player (new debt) and good results (unlikely with current stateof RM) and pandemic to end (seeing how it struck again...)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Won't buy a Barca shirt if that abomination is our main sponsor.

Start-up company too. Sounds like a great idea when they have to fold and we're left in a litigation battle against them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Won't buy a Barca shirt if that abomination is our main sponsor.

Start-up company too. Sounds like a great idea when they have to fold and we're left in a litigation battle against them.

What is driving your objection of that company?

I too have concerns about startups, too unstable, can’t rely on them long-term.

Home of Barca Fans